1,492 results
All reviews leisure facilities bottle of wine evening meal leisure club buffet style weekend break steam room beautiful grounds long walk wedding venue standard room training course changing rooms restaurant staff saturday night couldn't do enough relaxing stay
Selected filters
Reviewed October 27, 2017

Spent 2 relaxing nights at Cranage hall hotel. The hotel is clearly geared up for conferences and functions, but we found the hotel to be equally proportioned to guests wishing to relax in wonderful countryside.
All meals were nicely presented and tasted lovely. staff all seemed happy to help where needed. nice gin selection.
If possible ask for a booth in main restaurant its nice to feel in your own little seating area.
Slight hiccup with Sunday morning breakfast due to power cut, but hats off to the hotel staff, as they extended breakfast and check out time ,so no dramas. Once power resumed we had a lovely hot breakfast.
Leisure centre is good and well equipped.
2 nights D,B & B on deal was excellent value.
Staff who stood out were Jack in the bar, Reece in the restaurant. They are a great asset to this hotel.
Thank you for a lovely 2 night relaxing getaway

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Richard M, General Manager at De Vere Cranage Estate, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for a good review and so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that storm Brian caused a little disruption Sunday morning but pleased how the team reacted noting great customer care.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2017

I write in order to register with you my huge disappointment following my recent visit to your hotel.
Together with my wife, mother, sister, brother, sister in law, niece and her fiancé I booked in to Cranage Hall on Saturday 21st October. After enjoying a tasty lunch in the hotel bar we all planned to relax in the hotel's pool and spa.
Unfortunately my wife is disabled and is reliant upon the use of her mobility scooter to get about. We made our way to the pool but could not get access from within the hotel. The weather was appalling with gale force winds and driving rain. I was not prepared for my wife to leave the building in order to follow the external path to the leisure facilities. Unbelievably, her access (and access of any other wheelchair user) was barred by four steps! I am confident that this could be resolved - inexpensively - by replacing the steps with a ramp.
This lack of thoughtfulness meant that we were unable to make use of the facilities and were prevented from joining the rest of our family at the pool.
When we got to our allocated room, 210 we were further inconvenienced by the fact that the room lights were not working and two members of your staff were required to resolve the problem.
As you will be aware, the inclement weather caused a lengthy power cut on Sunday morning which meant that the hotel's lifts were not functioning so that we could not access the restaurant.
We paid £176 for dinner bed and breakfast which is certainly not inexpensive and frankly it represented in my view, very poor value for money.
I would be extremely interested in your considered response.
Yours,
David Ashley

Room tip: Ask for a room close to reception. Some are a considerable distance from the spa and restaurant
Trip type: Traveled with family
Richard M, General Manager at De Vere Cranage Estate, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Dear Mr Ashley,

Thank you for your email and as per my telephone call, please accept my sincere apologies for having no ramp in our old house to access down to the leisure club. All though no comfort to yourself we have made a lot of changes to the hotel to ensure access is possible to access nearly all areas. Please be assured this will continue and from your feedback I will review access to the Lesuire club.

Moving on to the room lights and so sorry for any inconvenienced caused but there was no faults with the lights, just the key card needed inserting further into the key holder on the wall as explained by our concierge.

Finally I am sure you can understand the power cut due to Storm Brian was a little out of our control but so sorry for issues this caused with no lifts for approx 2 hours.

Once again my sincere apologies.

Reviewed October 22, 2017

I attended a conference at this hotel. The conference room was spacious and comfortable. The staff were on hand throughout the weekend ensuring that our weekend ran smoothly.
My room was amazing, comfortable and clean - couldn't ask for more.
Thank you so much for making my stay so memorable

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Alex,

Thank you for a great review of De Vere Cranage Estate and so pleased you had a great weekend.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Wishes

Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

We stayed there with a number of friends, it is a large soulless conference hotel catering for large groups and not for a party of 12. The restaurant staff were pleasant but got our food and drink orders wrong, with some members of our small group waiting for nearly 20 minutes after everyone had been served, and the food was not particularly good. The bar was unmanned for ages and then there was long walk back to our room to try and get connected into hotel wi-fi which was a lottery.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Richard M, General Manager at De Vere Cranage Estate, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2017

Dear Bob,

Thank you for the review and please accept my sincere apologies for not a great stay.

I am so sorry you have formed the impression we are just a conference hotel noting
our great leisure facilities, lounge, bar and restaurant. Our great rural setting and location makes it perfect for all guests including leisure guests exploring the great county of Cheshire.

I am also sorry to hear about the mix up with your food order and the wait at the bar. I will certainly share the feedback with team. Finally the WIFI recently was upgraded which includes super WIFI for our grounds. On receipt of your feedback a check was carried out and although no comfort to yourself the WIFI was providing good bandwidth to all guests.

My Sincere Apologies.

Reviewed October 18, 2017

We stayed here 4 nights on training course. Our room was very clean. The best meal was the buffet breakfast, excellent selection. Staff very friendly but one person stood our, Susie the waitress. She was so bubbly and never stopped smiling. No request too much.

Room tip: Phone before booking or arrival as we did. They were very helpful.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Richard M, General Manager at De Vere Cranage Estate, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2017

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for your positive review and so pleased you have mentioned our great colleagues. Susie is a star and I will reward her with one of our memorable moment
cards and a Gift.

De Vere Cranage Estate recently won UK best customer care venue 2017 . I truly believe this is down to our great training and great colleagues.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Best Wishes