“CUSTOMER SERVICE EXCELLENCE”

De Vere Cranage Estate
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cranage
“CUSTOMER SERVICE EXCELLENCE”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

What can i say, an excellent team of people giving excellent customer service!! Friendly, warm, helpful, always smiling and nothing was too much trouble, it felt like home from home. Their customer service is outstanding and is a benchmark for those of us wanting the same in our business. A massive thankyou to all the staff, with a special mention to Peter, for all your hard work and support in making our stay there one big huge WOW!! Keep up the good work. Donna

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
rjm499, Manager at De Vere Cranage Estate, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Donna0309, Thank you for the amazing review.
As you know we pride ourselves on delivering service excellence at our unique venue and the team are thrilled to see we exceeded all your expectations on this occasion.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Richard Mansell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Cheshire
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed here for one night as part of a charity event. I have been to the hotel on several occassions previously for conferences but this is the first time I have stayed the night.

Good Points
The Hotel itself, the grounds and the communal areas are all very pleasant areas to be and are well maintained.

The staff were all very helpful and courteous.

There is a gym and spa with a swimming pool, sauna and steam room which were free to use for guests. Remember to take a pound coin for the lockers though.

The previous guest had left two cans of beer behind the curtain in my bedroom.

Bad Points
The room was in need of refurbishment and looked tired.

The carpet was old, the wallpaper had lifted at most of the seams and patches of grout were missing from the bathroom tiles. There was a rubber bathmat neatly folded in a container which I thought was a nice touch until I unfolded it and saw that the base was covered in mould and hairs.

TV reception was bad, but I only watched 15 minutes of 'You've been framed' so I wasn't to bothered. If you go to hotels to watch tele then you may want to consider this.

The mattress seemed to be a simple spring affair and wasn't very comfy. I was drunk on the night I stayed so I could have slept on concrete and not noticed, but I would have been very disappointed had I been sober.

Mediocre
The breakfast selection was quite varied and plentiful but the food seemed bland and lukewarm at best. Granted my tastebuds weren't functioning optimally but the bacon definitely tasted and smelled of stale water. Again, I'll eat anything when hungover but sober I would be disappointed.

Summary
Nice looking hotel, nice staff, average breakfast and rooms in need of refurbishment. I got a slight discount as part of the event I attended so maybe I got stuck in one of the poorer rooms? I spoke to two other people who also stayed over for the event and they also had 'tired' rooms.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank OOCH12
rjm499, Manager at De Vere Cranage Estate, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
ooch12. Thank you for sharing the feedback from your recent stay at our venue.
Sorry to see that some of the areas of our venue were not up to your expectations. I am delighted to let you know that during 2014 we will be implementing a full re-furbishment program of our bedrooms and have fully taken on board the comments you posted.
Glad to see in the key areas of customer service we excelled and that you enjoyed the event you attended.

Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Recently attended a 2 day conference at this hotel. The conference organisation was seemless throughout and well run. You can tell this is one of this hotels key strengths. The food throughout the stay was of a high standard, as was breakfast and the leisure facilities. The rooms arnt of a high standard, but are comfortable, albeit quite a walk from the main hall and conference area. I would recommend this hotel if your planning a function or conference.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
rjm499, Manager at De Vere Cranage Estate, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
scottmaxted, Thanks for the recommendation.
As the North West's premier conference and training venue, then
we pride ourselves on delivering high class conferences and its always
satisfying to see delegates enjoy themselves so much - Thanks for the great review

Come back and see us again soon

Regards
NW England
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Firstly I cannot comment on value for money as my room and bill was paid for by the organisers of the conference I was attending. Now, that's out of the way.
I wasn't looking forward to this venue at first, expecting a load of hooray Henry's all with Range Rovers to be all over the place. When I drove along the drive nothing said it would be any different to what I was expecting, nice grassy areas and a somewhat imposing facade to the main reception area, it looked very nice indeed. I went to reception after parking my non Range Rover and the lady was a dream, a nice big smile and a warm welcome. I was given directions to where my group were eating and went for some food. A really good selection was on offer on a buffet style approach.
Getting my room key I went off to unpack and what a lovely room I had, just a standard double but with everything I needed with a great comfy bed, the shower was fabulous and there were plenty of towels. I did have a good nights sleep.
My evening meal considering there were about 80 of us was not too bad. There was room for improvement not so much in the quality of the food, although I've had better but in the portion control. I appreciate that it is the devils own job to cater for eighty people but the size differences in portions was very apparent. I sent mine back as it looked like a starter compared to the others on the same table.
Like I said after a good nights sleep the breakfast was again in the same place as lunch the previous day (I struggle with the spelling of resteraunt, see!) and again was really good with another massive choice of food.
Oh yes, before I forget, the beer prices were from another planet, so expensive luckily I don't drink much so the hit was not as much as some. Maybe I am used to drinking in Wetherspoons as well.
Would I return with my wife? a big yes and actually intend to do so. The staff were all helpful and my room was spotlessly clean.
It was a credit to the staff and owners.
It's interesting tho' how views differ on this place. Even people on the same event as me did not get the quality I felt I got. Caveat Emptor

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Stigmeister, Thanks for posting your feedback.
So glad you were not put off by your 'too posh' initial impressions and that
you had a great stay. Its really satisfying to see we exceeded all your expectations
with both quality service and overall stay. I think 'Caveat Emptor' sum's it up
perfectly - Bravo Sir!

We look forward to seeing you, when you return with you wife for some rest and relaxation.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We would just like to thank all the staff at The Cranage Hall Hotel.
My wife and I and two friends stayed for two nights on one of your special offers which included
B & B plus evening meal (food to die for) on your 1st night and it was absolutely faultless. The cleanliness and overall running of the hotel was 1st Class.
We will definately return again soon.
Thankyou again.
Regards Geoff & Val

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GeoffW, Thank you for sharing your feedback.
The team at Cranage Hall were thrilled to read you had such
an amazing stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon

Regards
Teddington, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Geared to the above, the hotel suits it's purpose. Do not visit expecting a country house hotel which is most certainly not! The menu for dinner is uninspiring and could be said to 'fill a hole' and the service almost too swift. There was a conference on during my stay and I can understand that there were many people in for breakfast, but by the time I reached the buffet some items had run out and needed replacement. Rooms a little tired having been well used.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
rjm499, Manager at De Vere Cranage Estate, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Gastronome, Thanks for giving our busy conference venue a try. Appreciate the honest feedback and we are sorry that the dining outlets did not suit your needs, just let us know next time and we would be more than happy to prepare meals to your own personal preference. Come back and see us again soon.

Cheshire
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Myself & my husband enjoyed a fantastic night at Cranage Hall, in the Byley Suite at the beginning of the month. What can I say apart from WOW. The suite was beautiful, spotlessly clean with complimentary wine and views out to the stunning grounds of Cranage Hall. The décor was modern but with an elegant twist, completely in keeping with this beautiful old Hall. Above all, the staff made our stay extremely special, especially Peter (Conference Crew) We decided to order room service as a treat but wasn't quite sure what to order.. Peter suggested we try a small selection of desserts which we thought was a great idea and he brought them to the room within 10 minutes of us making the order. He couldn't do enough for us and went that extra mile.. and with a smile! A true credit to Cranage Hall. The breakfast the next morning was very tasty, with plenty to offer and again, served with a smile by a lady called Jane, who was extremely helpful and friendly. We would 100% recommend Cranage Hall and will defiantly be retuning! Thank you for a fantastic stay and thank you to the wonderful staff!! Mr & Mrs R x

Room Tip: Try the Byley suite if you are looking for luxury!