Yes you right, this hotel was used in 3 Idiots. Not remember ? When Sharman and Madhvan went to Javed Jafari palace in search of Ranchordas.
The chail is better than Shimla because you'll get less crowed than Shimla. The Chail Palace was summer capital of Maharaja Bhupinder Singh. Chail at 2226 m was somewhat higher than Shimla. The Chail Palace offers cottage and rooms, cottage is good for summers but not in winters. The rooms are Maharaja, Rajkumar, Rajkumari, Deewan, Vazeer room and semi delux.
We opted for Semi Deluxe room, the room were nice warm and comfy even when the out side temperature was 0 degree.
Points to remember:
1. Don't book cottage when you are going in winter.
2. Don't expect good room service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palace is run by Himachal Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation Ltd. The Palace was built in 1891 by Maharaja of Patiala and is a Premium Heritage Property. Distance from Shimla to Chail is 45 km. The suites, rooms and cottages are sumptuously furnished with ornate and antique furniture with fire place. The Palace has Kings Dining Restaurant (Serving Multi Cuisine Indian, Chinese, Continental & Himachali food),Royal Bar, Conference Hall Capacity 70 Pax Theatre style), Open Air Cafe Royal, Ayurveda Rejuvenation Centre, Guide for trekking, Lounge, Taxi on demand, Laundry facility,Gift Shop, Billiards, Badminton, Lawn Tennis, Intercom, Cricket, Table Tennis, Children Park, Doctor on call, Drive in with Parking Area, Instant Reservation of HPTDC Hotels and Luxury Coaches ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hptdc The Chail Palace Hotel Chail
- Hptdc The Hotel Chail