“A Real Family Home Experience”
Review of Kannur Beach House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kannur
Kannur Beach House
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Kannur
Reviewed February 23, 2014

It is basic, no frills, beach house accommodation. The spirited warmth of the family, Rosi in particular, makes this an exceptional experience.
The buffet style meals were very inviting and enjoyable and the fact that the family shared the table with guests set this homestay apart from those we had ever experienced. Rosi helped us enjoy sites of Kannur, head massage and Theyam rituals.

Room Tip: The upstairs room with front balcony afforded a stunning view - palms, lagoon, golden beach, and Ara...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beulah and Mike

Reviewed February 19, 2014

This is a tranquil place ,enabling the weary to recover and relax in a way that is priceless after a stressful journey or the hectic lives we constantly live .Indian fishermen and todi-men continue daily life with nature's rustic charms amidst the laid back gentleness of Rosie and Nazur who run this homestay the traditional way.With impeccable organisation the meals are tasty ,refreshingly prepared ,healthy and give great insight into local cooking .They are always delicious and have inspired me .Nevertheless it is important to be aware the area can be hard to find ,and due to the rustic pathways requires healthy individuals with sensible foot wear to benefit from the beautiful terrains surrounding the Beachouse. Rosie and Nazur are most congenial of hosts who I have found extremely helpful even when I needed to unexpectantly attend hospital ,they kindly gave support that was perfectly tailored to the situation.In happier circumstances they have assisted travellers to take advantage of local services ,visit handicrafts ,and attend interesting local customs.Generally a simple way to enjoy India's nature, Sun and beaches.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marie H
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I arrived in Kannur after a busy 2 weeks teaching in a large Indian city, exhausted and a bit overwhelmed by the noise and intensity of urban Indian life. I was only at the Beach House for 4 nights, but the effect on me was more like 2 weeks' holiday - the location is beautiful, as other reviewers have said, the rooms look onto the garden, beyond which lies the lagoon then the beach and then the ocean, and there are birds everywhere. Rosi and Nazir are delightful hosts, educated and interesting people with a lovely bright and friendly family and my fellow guests were also interesting and kind. The food is gentle, healthy south Indian home cooking, and I loved it. There are further beaches, deserted, palm lined and we saw dolphins in the morning. I had ayurvedic oil massages and a facial at the ayurvedic centre in the nearby village, a walk or rickshaw ride away which I can recommend. We visited the local (100 yards away) jeweller who is a skilled craftsman who can be seen every morning fishing for prawns near to the Beach House. I was there to rest and relax having been busy beforehand so didn't see too much of the surrounding area and town, but I would go back and base myself here for a longer holiday and explore more. Most people there had been before and some many times which says a lot. The rooms are simple, clean and comfortable, hot water is from solar power so available mainly in the afternoon but it's so hot in Kerala you don't miss it other times. The delight of this place is not in the luxury of 5 star living but in the simple beauty of the place and the people and the experience, it is very special and I am very grateful to have been there and be able to hold the images of it in my head after returning to the English winter and floods. Apart from birds and the sea, there was noise sometimes - occasional dogfights at night, but no cars and rickshaws and hooting traffic, and somehow it didn't matter, it was so restful. I almost don't want to tell anyone about it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, people seem to like the ones upstairs but mine opened on to the garden and s...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Cliqm0
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Kannur Beach House is a true paradise, the location, the house, the food are just superb.. and Rosi and Nasir are by far the most wonderful hosts I have ever met. I had the most amazing time there, travelling by myself, I had time to relax and I also met most wonderful people! The beaches are truly spectacular, quiet and clean; the lagoon around the house is beautiful and it is amazing to seat in the garden and to watch all the birds and butterflies flying around….
Rosi and Nasir offer the most delicious food and they are the most interesting company; they really make you feel so well and welcomed! They provide all the help to make arrangements to go and see the Theyan or arranging treatments and visits to all the local attractions….I will definitely go back for longer than a week, as it is the perfect place to relax and switch off!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Rosa B
Reviewed February 9, 2014

What a lovely place! It was great to meet the family and other guests and we really enjoyed your company and interesting conversations. Also loved the beautiful beaches, the canoe ride up the backwater, seeing all the birds (especially kingfishers) and the exciting Theyyam in the village. The food was delicious so a big thank you to the cooks. Everything was so relaxing, with the palm trees swishing gently in the breeze. It was a welcome break in the middle of our busy sightseeing trip around India.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Helen P
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Kannur Beach House, the quiet garden, the almost deserted beach, the vast ocean and the beautiful stretch of backwater all contributed to giving my wife and I a truly magical experience which I will carry with me for a very long time.

Rosi and Nasir went far beyong the call of duty to make our stay pleasant and memorable and we still feel grateful for their hospitality.

At a homestay the food you get is the food you get and the food at KBH was both delicious and plenty, with a large selection of local dishes. Yummy!

If you love birds you will be celebrating the many beautiful bird species here, including several varieties of kingfishers, which are surprisingly easy to spot while sitting in the garden and enjoying the look over the backwater.

Our stay at Kannur Beach House was a truly heart opening experience.

Room Tip: All the rooms face are facing the backwater and the ocean behind it, så it is basically a choice of...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sorenrv
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Kannur beach house, a perfect home stay in its true sense is the place to be in Kannur. Ideal for some home cooked authentic keralite meal, I spent a weekend here before I could hit business on a Monday morning. From helping me arranging a cab all the way from mysore to couriering a pen drive I had forgotten at the homestay, Rosi & Nazir have gone the extra mile to help. I am definitely going to spend some more time by this place where in I can spot a kingfisher every 10 mins, hear the howling of the hyenas late night and gush of the waves all throughout the day.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business