“wondefurl stay and very nice souvenir !!”

and 1 more site!
Asokam Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Kannur
Le Port-Marly, France
“wondefurl stay and very nice souvenir !!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I am very happy of my stay to Asokam Beach Resort.
It is a wonderful place with really kind people.
A lot of kindness, seriousness and professionalism for all the team of the hotel: a very competent doctor and therapists, a staff always oriented to our needs. The very thoughtful Manager and the excellent cooking of his wife are unforgettable. I keep of it a wonderful souvenir.

Ghislaine from France

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ghyslaine a
NaveenPavithran, Owner at Asokam Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Ghislaine

It was a pleasure having you stay with us at ASOKAM and thank you for sharing your feedback through TripAdvisor.

The entire TEAM is delighted to receive your wonderful feedback and to note that, you enjoyed your stay at our hotel as much as we enjoyed being at your service.

I do hope that you have the opportunity to visit us again in the not too distant future.

NAVEEN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Provide local cuisine options in the menu!
Ayurvedic rejuvenation massage is good.
A convenience store on site might be of help to guests.
Excellent service by Mr. Nobish and Younis.
Will surely recommend to friends and family.

1 Thank rushe2014
NaveenPavithran, Owner at Asokam Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Guest

Thanks for your review and to know that you have enjoyed your stay. Your suggestions are well taken and shall work on it soon.

Your generous compliments have been shared with Jobish and Yunis for whom it will be a tremendous source of inspiration.

The team and I, look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Asokam.
Warm regards
Bangalore, India
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed in Asokam Beach resort from 24th to 26th Dec 2013 and the experience was very good. I was pleasantly surprised, when i called to inform my late check in, i was greeted with my name when the call was picked (Thanks Mr.Naveen for the hospitality and personal attention). Soon after i received an SMS with instructions on blocked roads and easier route to reach the resort. The rooms are very spacious (Superior luxury room) and very clean. The garden is very well maintained. The food offered by the restaurant is really good. Ayurvedic rejuvenation massage offered by trained staff is excellent. One most important advantage of this resort is the proximity to beach- Just few steps away. The room service guys were very good. I recommend this resort to anyone who prefers to enjoy a perfect beach holiday.
-Gopinath, Bangalore

Room Tip: Superior A/C deluxe room which gives direct view of the sea
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
NaveenPavithran, Owner at Asokam Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Mr. Gopinath

Thanks for your reviewing us. We are extremely delighted to note that, you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to make our guests stay a comfortable and memorable one which is our prime goal.

Washington DC
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

This lodge was just perfect. It is located right on an amazing super clean beach. The lodge was clean, massages were a bonus and the meals were great. Set in a peaceful area getting a good rest was easy here. We were able to go on long beach walks where very little development exists.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mjkiefer2504
NaveenPavithran, Owner at Asokam Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Asokam during your recent visit to Kannur. We are delighted to receive your review through TripAdvisor and to note that you had a wonderful experience at our hotel.

Bangalore
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Location & Stay: Asokam is a very strategically located beach house. The only thing which separates you from the sea is a narrow road and the house gardens. Its a perfect place for a Calm and Quite time near the beach. The staff is extremely hospitable and the rooms are clean. Though you easily hear others outside the room as the doors don't do much to block the outside noise, but its only during the day. So don't expect a resort like accommodation.
Food: We stayed there for just 1 day and 1 night, so we just had Lunch (north Indian) that they get from outside, but the lunch was average, but the breakfast (south Indian) was good. For food, Kannur has other options like Randhal (suggest by the resort owner - Naveen) and we found it to be very good.
Beach: the beach is scenic and perfect for a long stroll/run/idling, but might not be suitable for a dip (atleast for inexperienced sea loving people). There are very few people during most times of the day, only in the evening & mornings you may find some people.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Abhinav,

Thank you for choosing to stay at ASOKAM and for reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

It was great pleasure in meeting both of you during your short visit. We are delighted to receive your detailed feedback and to note that, you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

The team and I, look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Bangalore, India
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Asokam beach resort is a good place to stay in Kannur if one is interested in a quiet sea side location.

We occupied one of the cottages facing the sea. Though the sea was not directly visible, one just needed to cross the road and walk down to the beach.

The Resort could do well by elevating the floor level of the dining area so that one can view the sea.

Food was below our expectations. Having travelled to kerala from Bangalore we were keen to get some typical Malayalam delicacies. Asokam beach resort has nothing of these in their menu. The North Indian food which that they served was nowhere near how a North Indian dish as simple as daal or roti should be.

We had to finally travel to small restaurants near the railway station to enjoy Malayalam food like appam, putti, and such typical stuff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
NaveenPavithran, Owner at Asokam Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Guest
We thank you for your review and have noted all your feedback.

Regret to note that you were unable to try Kerala dishes at our resort. Most of the Kerala dishes like appam require overnight fermentation and hence can be served only on advance order. Most of the other Kerala dishes also require freshly ground and prepared masala which also can be served only on advance orders. We removed those items from menu as many guests do not place order well in advance. But we do serve if there is an advance request from guests.

We hope you were satisfied with the service provided and enjoyed the complimentary Kerala breakfast served. But on the checkout date we could provide you only with complimentary continental breakfast as you had to check out very early morning.

We hope you will consider visiting us again and I shall ensure that authentic Kerala dishes are served to you.
Best regards
Lubeck, Germany
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Actually, I ended up here accidentally. Previously I had stayed in Costa Malabari Guesthouse twice before and appreciated the hospitality there as much as the manage's helpfulness and profound knowledge on Theyyam ceremonies. However, I could not get any replies to my Emails this time, so I booked a short stay at this hotel.

Asokam Beach Resort is situated on Payyambalam beach, around 5 km from Kannur city center (80 Rupies by Riksha when I was there). The beach is just over the road from the hotel, however the more picturesque parts of the beache would be found either 4 km to the right or 3 km to the left from the hotel, Due to the location, there are no restaurants or shops nearby.

The term "beach front cottage" is a little missleading, as you can hear the sea from accross the road, but you look out on the garden and the hedge, behind which there is the beach road, a rock dyke ... and then the beach.

The place is small, what is highly apreciated by me. AC rooms are located in the main building. I preferred the cottage, which is simply furnished, but in good taste, The bathroom was clean, toiletries provided (not usually the case in this category hotel in India), hot water was available and the room was made up in the morning (also not regularly offered in indian hotels). During the first night I had uninvited visitors in the form of large tropical cockroaches, I cought them and the staff disposed off them - it did not occur again. There is no ceiling fan, but two wall mounted ventilators, which I find to be noisier, than the large ceiling ones.
I missed an option to hang my treated mosquito net, which I prefer over diffusing insect repellent. A small hole in the ceiling suggested a hook having been in place earlier, however the staff was not willing to reinstall one, maybe due to bad experience with the construction materials of the cottage. The beds are the usual "hard experiende" of an indian hotel bed ... sheets, blanket and towlels were spotless.

Laundry service is offered by an elderly lady in the neighbourhood, who is 100% reliable and did a really good job on my clothes.

The hotel has no restaurant, no hotel kitchen or cook. The food is being ordered in - and I found it to be extremely blend, the least you'd expect in India. Thus I had dinner there only once. The Indian breakfast (Iddly and Sambar) was fine though. A second two-story building with another 4 AC rooms is under construction and a kitchen / restaurant will come with the opening,

The staff was very helpful, attentive and non-intruding. The extend of hospitality is probably best depicted as follows: I love to bring home recipies from trips and have tried to make dosa at home with no real success before. When I told this to the staff on my check in, they contacted the hotel's manager (owner?), who brought his wife over on my second night there. She gave me a private cooking class on making dosa ... this was just a terrific experience.

Room Tip: I would chose the cottage any time again ... but go for dinner in town, never mind the rikshaw trip
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Travellingesther
NaveenPavithran, Owner at Asokam Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for staying at Asokam and for sparing your valuable time for sharing your feedback through TripAdvisor. Your feedback of our service is a great matter of pride for us and inspires the team. With regards to the mosquito net, all windows and balcony door of Non AC rooms is secured with mosquito nets. Also may I add that it was indeed a great pleasure for Rinku to share and demonstrate here cooking recipes with you at the resorts kitchen.The team and I, look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Asokam in the near future.
With best regards