“Going way our of the way to please”
Review of Blue Nile

Blue Nile
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Kannur
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Going way our of the way to please”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We started here for 3 days attending a marriage. They made adjustments we asked for our kids. When one then feel sick the hotel sent a bell hop to get coconut water.
Spacious rooms, located close to the railway station and maybe a half mile walk to the beach. The hotel had a sports bar with a billiards table. Complimentary breakfast buffet. In room coffee and tea maker.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank shashi b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Thrissur, Kerala, India
Reviewed August 30, 2013

After I checked in power went off. No back up. Was sweating for hours no response from anywhere.

All the decent hotels provide complimentary water bottle. I found none and ordered thru room service. When he brought which was charged, with politeness informed, if you have informed housekeeping they would have provided drinking water free of charge. Ridiculous.

Don't every think of staying in this hotel. Unfortunately , there is no other decent hotel in Kannur and probably that is the reason this hotel is getting business.

I am not giving a rating for any thing as they don't deserve that.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank mohaniyyer

Travelers are raving about these Kannur hotels

Mumbai
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was my first trip to Kerala state. Took flight from Mumbai and landed at 10.35 am at Mangalore airport. I then took cab to Mangalore station. It takes 45 mins on any normal day. There are 8-9 trains everyday from Mangalore to Kannur. I reached Kannur at 5 pm.

Now the main part of how the Nile turned Blue...

The good points of hotel.

1) You get complimentary pick up from station for everyone who stays at Blue Nile. This facility is free for all guests of hotel irrespective of type of room booked.

2) Once at hotel I was guided to room within 2 mins. It was booked by my client under co-operate scheme. I had occupied room on second floor. The room was properly cleaned and felt fresh as we entered the room. This was the best feeling I ever got. Even at night there was pin drop silence and no interference or noise leakage from other rooms. This has been taken care properly.

3) The hotel claims that its a 4 star property. I wouldn't argue on that front as NO where I got feeling that its somewhere lesser. The room was damn neat and well kept. But still the hotel leaves you some space for improvement in most of the departments. During my stay I had to ask for Towels on both the days. These are very simple things but absolutely necessary for a 4 star property. Not much impressed by this service gesture.

4) Bathroom fittings needed some improvement badly. I have attached photographs. So please do check. But it was a clean Bathroom though.

5) They have an indoor swimming pool as well. Well kept and maintained again. I didn't get a chance to get in it.

6) The property has good Restaurant I would say. We had food at Cafe Copper Chimney downstairs next to hotel reception. Food was damn tasty as we had Butter chicken and Fried fish. Overall Plus points for food i must say. Complimentary breakfast was not so impressive & had only 4-5 dishes & no Non-Veg option.

7) At the hotel lobby you will be surprised to see lots of celebrities pictures with the chairman of hotel. He seems to have gathered lot of publicity out of it. Overall seems to be a favourite chap amongst celebrities. The most treasured one is the picture with Diego Armando Maradona, who stayed at this property during his visit to Kerala. Good for the chairman !!

Now things for improvement. I don't like to say Negative points. So improvements sounds better and if felt necessary it can be improved as well...

1) Room TV has limited 63 channels only. I doubled checked this with my client as well. He also has same no in his room. No one keeps such limited channels now a days. So please take a look in this matter.

2) No supply of adequate Towels in room. Plus no napkins also provided. Needs a quick change in Room service department.

3) Bathroom fixtures needs improvement and needs to be repaired and maintained on regular basis.

Otherwise most of the things are perfectly placed and Blue Nile doesn't leave any place for complaint.

There is one big glitch though that the hotel charges something as LUXURY charges or LUXURY tax & that is bigger than the actual Day rent for the Room. So please get this point clarified before you check in this hotel. You get complimentary breakfast as well for the rent paid. Wi-fi is not Free.

Thanks for making my Business trip a Satisfactory Experience.

Room Tip: Opt for higher Floors only for better View.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Shashi K
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The hotel was booked by our company.Prior to our arrival i read the old reviews of blue Nile hotel and felt little awkward to stay. with no chance we checked in. The door man came running and picked our luggage . Nice welcome drinks. being frank the room was really modern. DONT COMPARE TO SHERATON OR KEMPINSKI HOTELS ..but really nice hospitality. The staff were very friendly and it proved i was wrong on the reviews. The food was tasty. the beach is very near 600 meters.The rooms dont face beach. On the whole we enjoyed BLUE NILE...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Goel1963
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Go through the pictures which are self explanatory . The services are unacceptable , the attitude of the staff is very arrogant . The ambience is way poor . The food served was cold and uncovered . Would never go back there again and would never recommend the place to anyone I know .

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Kannurreviews
Kannur, India
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Being a frequent visitors to the Northern Malabar area. We were for the first time in Hotel Blue Nile Kannur.The room that we booked on the third floor was spacious and had wifi free of charge. The quality of the food was fantastic, fresh and flavoured cuisines,and one of the best we have tasted in Kannur. It seems that the hotel has 6 to 7 of stylish bar outlets, but we liked the sports lounge. Even though there is a slight lack of professionalism, the staffs were good at handling our needs. Infuture our choice will be Blue Nile.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Nisha410
Sharjah, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Room was excellent,comfortable, very clean and sound proof.The hotel is an ideal location to reach the town and beach side.the sport bar was amazing ensuring the privacy.The main attraction was the suite where The legend Marodonna stayed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family