“A pleasant afternoon at EBH.”
Review of Ezhara Beach House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kannur
Ezhara Beach House
Ranked #1 of 68 Kannur B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Me and My Lady Love had a quick visit to EBH recently. We were not able to stay there for a night or enjoy Hyacinth's hospitality since it was off season and the house was closed for renovations. But we spent a lot of time at the beach. Both of us really loved the beach; we would say its the most beautiful and cleanest beach in Coastal Kerala. Looking forward to stay at EBH sometime soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
hyacinthKannur, Owner at Ezhara Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Many thanks for your kind review, Ruben. I hope the next time around you make a prior reservation beforehand and then turn up, would be lovely to host you and yours.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

My friend and I stayed at EHB for 3 days. The 100 year old Kerala bungalow is truly a beautiful experience. The area is secluded and so is a perfect place to unwind . The tropical vegetation on one side and the Arabian Sea on the other is makes it a truly etherial place. And to top it all is the owner, Hyacinth's warmth and hospitality and her interest in each and every guest. She goes over and beyond what is expected of her, to make her guests comfortable. I wish more home stays would follow her example.

The food was awesome. Every meal was completely different and plentiful. Truly a home cooked feel. I am planning to go back in 2014 with my family and show them this gem that I discovered.

Room Tip: Who needs a fitness center and swimming pool when you have the real thing--walks on the beach , play...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
hyacinthKannur, Owner at Ezhara Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Thank you so much, Meena. We at EBH for sure look forward to hosting you and yours in the not too distant future.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

A wonderful home-stay hidden away among the coconut trees that fringes the Arabian sea. More than the scenic beauty of the location (such locales are aplenty), I am truly bowled over by Hyacinth, the hostess. The hospitality industry would do well to learn from her. It is her personality, I believe, that draws people to her establishment again and again.

And ah!!!! the food.

I eagerly look forward to visiting EBH again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
hyacinthKannur, Owner at Ezhara Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Gracious thanks for your very kind review, looking forward to your next EBH visit!!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

What a pleasure to stay in this homestay. A beautiful setting off the beaten track right by the sea. Hyacinth was wonderful, she took great care of us and it was a pleasure to talk with her. And the best part of it all was the food. Wow, incredible, delicious!!!!!! So much, so good and great variety. Best food we had in India for sure. Thank you very much.
If I may suggest only one thing: I would have gladly been willing to pay 1000 INR more per night for extra comfort in the room and bathroom. Everything was fine but very basic. So perhaps this might be an investment for the future.
Still definitely worth 5 stars!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paula P
hyacinthKannur, Owner at Ezhara Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad that you could experience a heritage home from the 1900's, which is indeed very basic and simple. Most tourists like this simplicity and I would be lying if I tell you or anyone else that I could indeed upgrade it to charge more, for instance the dimensions of the bedrooms will always remain smallish (because that is how it was built over 110 years ago). The shower works, so does the plumbing, the tiles are clean in the bathroom, I do provide handwash and toilet paper, clean towels, if there is anything more I could do please do send me a private message or email me. With kind wishes always,

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is the best located guesthouse you will find. It is right on the beach and quite secluded. The proprietor is genuinely friendly and lovely to chat with. Her frankness is extremely rare, especially in India. The food is the best I ate throughout 9 months and 10 states in India. I really liked the penthouse because it was so quiet and set away from the rest of the house. We also got a great breeze which kept us cool throughout the hot March nights. The beach is a little rocky, so bring reef walkers. This is India, so men will stare if you wear a bikini... I don't recommend it. This is a lovely bed and breakfast in a fun, open, Indian home. It is a little rustic, but I thought that added to the charm. The bed was fairly comfortable, and the bathroom was immaculately clean.

Room Tip: We loved the "penthouse" up on top, very airy and quiet
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
hyacinthKannur, Owner at Ezhara Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Many thanks indeed for your most considerate review.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

On my first visit in autumn 2010 I stayed alone and it was awesome.

This time I brought along my mother and my 11 years old niece. We stayed a week and had a hard time to leave, since we all love Hyacinth and the place. My niece played with the children of the housekeeper all day and they got along very well. No real language or cultural barriers.

I can really recommend this place if you travel with children.

Thanks Hyacinth for this third and again wonderful time at your wonderful place!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Samira80
hyacinthKannur, Owner at Ezhara Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

In appreciation of this review, we at EBH are overwhelmed by your generous words and look forward to welcoming you and yours back in the not so distant future.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is my only review I have written for tripadviser and the only reason why I am is because it is worth it...

This was by far the best place I stayed in India. Excellant service from Hyacinth and her team, very informative and straight talking. I was travelling alone and I had a very warm welcome. The dinners were superb and varied and very socialble. As I was alone this was massively important to me.

I could find peace and quiet to read my book and have as many beers as I wanted...not a bad combo.

It is situated just on the beach and has a jungle feel to it with the trees behind the house.

I can not speak highly enough of this place and it is all down to the atmosphere created by Hyacinth and team.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Chris R
hyacinthKannur, Owner at Ezhara Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Chris, thank you so much for this first rate review.