“I want to go back there”
Review of Ezhara Beach House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kannur
Ezhara Beach House
Ranked #1 of 66 Kannur B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We reached the house early evening at dusk time. We were welcomed by 2 adorable little girls and were immediatly offered by Hyacinth our cheerful host, the best kerala-food dinner.
And we started to feed ourselves with everything we had in front of us sea, calm, amazing deserted beach, fishermen and smiling women passing by in the kind of coconut forest that borders the beach ... and let's insist a bit more about the house cuisine that was extremely good and generous
We found at the beach house what one exactly need after hectic days traveling in Mumbai and around. It is probably one the beautifulest place in Kerala, we stayed too short 5 days and I just want to go back there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
hyacinthKannur, Owner at Ezhara Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Marion, thanks very much for the sweet review you have put up. Rest assured, you are very welcome to my humble abode anytime you desire to come back this route again. xx

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My 3 night stay at Ezhara Beach house was the highlight of my trip to Kerala!

Tucked amongst the coconut groves on miles of picturesque white sandy beaches, the location is spectacular! The house itself is old and full of character, with beautiful views from the balcony, and the rooms themselves are cosy and comfortable with shared bathrooms.

The magic of Ezhara beach house is in the warmth, enthusiasm and generosity of Hyacinth who is such a wonderful host! During my stay I was the only guest, and came to feel like I was staying with an old friend. Hyacinth made me feel totally at home, and went above and beyond to ensure I had a great time. I even had the chance to attend a local wedding with her, and head into Kannur for the day. Hyacinth booked all my onward travel, and even went out her way to help me change my ticket a week after I'd left her accomodation.

The food at Ezhara beach house was fantastic, the best I had during my time in Kerala.

This place is a real gem, and will be remembered with fond and happy memories!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
hyacinthKannur, Owner at Ezhara Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Deep gratitude for the review you so kindly put in. Service with a smile, always friendly - that is the motto at EBH!!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

A fantastic house on a beautiful unspoilt beach. We arrived after a 2.5hr drive from Calicut airport and immediately felt welcomed and looked after by the famous Hyacinth. The house is basic, but this adds to the charm of the place. Loved trying so many different dishes - ask for banana fritters & coconut filled dhosas for breakfast, pumpkin curry, dhal, vege korma, chilli prawns, green mussels (George style) & pan fried black promfet (fish) for lunch or dinner. Hyacinth is one of the kindest people I've ever met. If you wanted something, she'd get it. If you wanted a Tuktuk, train or car booked she'd book it. She showed us the local school and we got to meet the children that lived in the village. She also told us where to go sightseeing and what to buy and what not to do. Treat yourself to a few nights and days at Ezhara. Oh, by the way, Hyacinth loves waxing!

Room Tip: Try out the penthouse!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
hyacinthKannur, Owner at Ezhara Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you so much for your very kind input on my basic and simple home, it is truly much appreciated.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This was my second visit to Kerala, and this time we seemed to have found the perfect place to stay- beautiful beach, unspoilt area, and a wonderful guesthouse with exceptional hospitality.
My only regret was that we could not stay longer. After our 3 nights were just getting from the total relaxation phase to the kind of mood when you are ready to explore and be adventureous- and I am sure we would have had great fun doing that.

My room in the back was small, but clean and very breezy. I slept really well ( and never woke up from the call to prayer). The view from the balcony was picture perfect- a magnificent beach through palm trees. However the best thing about Ezhara beach house is the hostess- Hyacinth, who goes out of her way to make sure you have everything you need, including great food, stimulating company and a bit of village gossip.

Last time I went to Kerala I went to Varkala beach, but Kannur is so much nicer- very untouristy and relaxed. I have recommended this place to everyone I know who is going to India and I will myself definitively go again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
hyacinthKannur, Owner at Ezhara Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Thank you dear for your most indulgent review, my team and I am most grateful for the same. We look forward to greeting your sister very soon in the new year at EBH!!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Well, it’s almost a year since my stay at Ezhara Beach House (yep, bit slow getting around to this review!), but my memories of the place are still vivid - not somewhere you forget in a hurry.

Nestled among coconut groves on a remote and picturesque strip of coast near Kannur, the location is achingly beautiful – a tropical paradise (almost) free of tourists with exotic wildlife, lush vegetation, fine sand and clear blue water.

The beach house itself is well-looked after and Georgio and Hyacinth, who run the place, are very welcoming and knowledgeable with excellent English – both provided brilliant advice on places to visit, not to mention some really fascinating insights into local life and culture.

The food was mind-blowing too and the Keralan dishes I had at Ezhara were among the best I sampled during the month or so I spent in the region. I'm slavering over the keyboard just thinking about it!!

If you want to get off the beaten track away from the chaos and just chill out somewhere peaceful, then I highly recommend staying here.

Tony C

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
hyacinthKannur, Owner at Ezhara Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thanks Tony for the very thoughtful review. Someday I hope you will visit us again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

wowowow! the best place for relaxing and enjoy the beach... i liked observe the crabs move on the send and choise the shell. my room on the roof was the best! in the middle of the tree and with a amazing view! and the food.... mmmmmmhhh! super place!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
hyacinthKannur, Owner at Ezhara Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thanks Alice for the review. I do hope you had a lovely rest of the festive season, traveling. Thinking of you fondly.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have been staying here with my parents for 5 days now, but we're leaving tomorrow. We have the two rooms upstairs, which means the whole floor is "ours". We have direct view to the beach, the palms and the ocean. Plenty of space too.

The hostess is a very nice lady called Hyacinth. I wanted to have some tailored shirts made, and she immediately had it arranged. She knows a reliable driver who took us to a big store in Kannur where we bought the fabric, and then to the tailor she uses herself. Hyacinth's guiding and planning is priceless. It opens so many doors, you wouldn't have any chance finding yourself.

The first two-three days I woke up at 5 in the morning because of the mosques around, really annoying. But i have slept very well the last couple of days with the window shut and the fan turned on.

We had a great time with the other guests, an English and a German couple, her husband who came by and the two little local girls on 7 and 9 from nextdoor who are almost always around.
Hyacinth took me (i'm 18) and the oldest girl to an amusementpark, really funny to be the only one out of hundreds of people with white skin.

Room Tip: The "penthouse" should be amazing! It's a new-build room on the very top of the house...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MikkelSejberg
hyacinthKannur, Manager at Ezhara Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Mikkel thank you so much for the review, a week ago I tried to send a response in your native language, which does not show, so now I am thanking you in English. Hope your parents and you had a safe and comfy trip back to Denmark. Looking forward to your next visit ;-))