“Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Plaza

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jalgaon
Hotel Plaza
Brisbane, Australia
“Wonderful Experience!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We have been in India for a month and travelled all over and the Hotel Plaza is still the best hotel we have stayed in! It is impeccably clean and the service was wonderful. Chhatrasen (the owner) takes excellent care of you from the time that you arrive to the time that you leave. He was waiting for us outside of the hotel to make sure that we would get there safely from the train station and he also emailed us directions (very straight forward) from the train station. We got a cup of Chai everyday (sometimes more than one) and we had a lot of wonderful chats with him as well. Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
London
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Hotel Plaza deserves its reputation as one of the best value-for-money hotels in India. We just stayed one night, but were treated extremely kindly by the manager, who was full of advice about Jalgaon and our onward trip via Ajanta. our room was very clean and comfortable. As one would expect for the price, facilities are otherwise limited (but there are good places to eat, and an internet cafe, very close by). In terms of accommodation, though, the Plaza is hard to beat.

Room Tip: Room at front was quiet and incredibly clean - lovely! Note that in bathroom, the sink area and toil...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KathrynPiquette
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2012

A range of room options are available from RS 500 upwards, including a lovely large triple sized A/C suite for only Rs 1200! I chose a non AC room for 650, it was fine. Comfy bed, fan, TV, attached bathroom, very good value. It's very close to the train station.
However, the thing that really makes this hotel stand out it the owner - a truly wonderful person who was so helpful and told me everything I needed to know as a tourist and advised me on the right price to pay rickshaw drivers and not get ripped off etc., where to go for dinner...
If you are visiting Ajanta Caves - stay in Jalgaon, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I must apologize to the owner for taking so long to write this review....this is an amazing little budget hotel! I was feeling pretty ragged after a month in Madya Pradesh and this was a beautiful oasis. The rooms are so clean it is like the whole building was just renovated the day before. It is IMMACULATE. A cozy place, very near the train station, and the owner made sure that everything I needed, I got! One of the few places where, if he said it would be done, you could count on it. He arranged a taxi for me to Ajanta and Ellora, and even rounded up a couple of other people to share. He also called me on my cell to make sure that I had my next train trip worked out, and had lots of good suggestions. Jalgaon itself is a really nice town, even the area near the railway station area is tidy and welcoming. I wish I had spent some time here, it feels good. The owner will tell you about a really great restaurant (walking distance) and there is also a really good ice cream parlour run by very friendly Sikh guys try the paan-flavoured ice cream!). Just a great place, the hotel and the town, a good place to "re-charge your batteries", if you are feeling burnt out.

Room Tip: He has a "suite" that is just lovely, and worth the extra expense if there are two of you...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Seeing as there isn't much in the way of accommodation at Ajanta, this is an ideal place to stay for visiting. The rooms are very clean and well maintained. The owner was very friendly and made a lot effort to make us feel comfortable. He is obviously very proud of what he has achieved with his hotel, and rightly so. The rooms are nicely furnished, and at a good price. When we were there, there was no running hot water, but the owner provided us with buckets of hot water, which was fine.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I stayed here last night and feel compelled to jump online quickly to give this my warmest most glowing recommendation.

THe owner, Chhatrasen, is an absolute godsend and you feel like you are truly being welcomed into his home. Nothing is too much trouble, without even asking he furnished me with several hand drawn maps of the city, recommendations for dinner, internet and supermarkets and, then, just when I couldnt have loved him anymore, help sorting out the train tickets for tomorrow. He rang the office, harassed them in Hindi, and got me tickets on a special reserve section of a train I needed.

The rooms are astonishingly good value, clean and well maintained. Without any degree of exageration I can honestly say these are by far the best budget rooms I have ever stayed in in India, and I'm struggling to think of much better value in Asia as a whole. He has a wide range of rooms for all budgets and is happy to show you around. Honestly five stars for this place, if everywhere were like this in India, it would be a much happier place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
West Yorks, UK
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Our tour group had already done Ajanta & Ellora caves when we hit Jalgaon. We used this place as a night stop over before heading off to Omkareshwar. Wasn't expecting much but was pretty surprised by how clean my little room was. The bed was actually very comfortable dispite the mattress looking a little thin. Don't think there's much to do in Jalgaon itself but I'm sure you'll find this place perfect as a rest point.
One disappointment was that there didn't seem to be any eating facilitites, the manager arranged simple breakfast items to be brought over to the hotel for group members in the morning. I'd still recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends