“Lebanese food?”

Description: At the junction of May St and Unity Ave
East Timor
“Lebanese food?”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I saw the reviews and expected to find Lebanese food... but was puzzled not being able to find many Lebanese options. Well, we ate pizza and grilled fish with mashed potato. Food was not great but was served without a long wait, which I appreciated. We liked the big screen showing football. I thought the ambiance was somewhere between a bush camp and a public viewing area of the FIFA World Cup in Joburg 2010.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank greylourie

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Central”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Decent Lebanese food in a nice tukul setting in an indisputably central location. Popular with dozing politicians and veterans in the hot afternoons.

Visited March 2012
general
“A team consensus: Central Pub”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Central Pub offers a broad but Lebanese-centered cuisine of excellent quality where one dines under open thatched structures. My team of 5 (4 nationalities, 3 continents) varied a lot in our restaurant likes and dislikes but we could all agree on Central Pub, and many of the movers and shakers of Juba could also, as we nodded hello when passing each others' tables. If I could restrict my choices to only two restaurants in Juba, this would be one of them.

Visited June 2011
2 Thank AfricaAsiaTraveller
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Big sprawling pleasant place”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Its largely an outdoor place, with various tuku's and gardens to sit in. My colleague really likes their pork chops, and I had very nice Hummous and Babaganoush and hot pita.

The menu is extensive. It ranges from the typical "continental" fare to Lebanese. We stayed a while after dinner and relaxed. Its a nice alternative eating spot in Juba

Visited January 2012
Juba South Sudan
“Sprawling grounds”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Visited Central Pub for Dinner. Will not bother in the future. Ordered Mixed Grill, which consisted of 2 sausages, 6 chicken wings, a small lamb chop and a few unedable lumps of meat?
Oveall not good. To many flies, even by Juba standards! Looks Run down and spread out. Not the nicest place to sit and eat/drink. Popular with the Expats, but will be crossed of my places to revisit.

• Visited September 2011