“An oasis”
Review of Acacia Village

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Juba
Acacia Village
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Juba
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Never stayed there but spent several weekend days. Pleasant days out of the city! Around the pool or under the trees. Whenever groups of customers don't shout around you of course.. Nice food, cool driks. Enjoy!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank tantoper
AcaciaGM, General Manager at Acacia Village, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Our landscaped gardens and beautiful trees create the perfect atmosphere to relax and unwind in. We pride ourselves in being one of the only hotels in Juba to stay away from the "concrete jungle" design that is all too common here.
I hope we can accommodate you in one of our rooms upon your next visit.
Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

If you have to stay in Juba, then Acacia Village is the place to stay. I was lucky enough to have found it and it made my stay in Juba a great experience. The management and staff were excellent and very attentive. If I go to Juba again, I'm staying at Acacia Village.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Steven G
kuwinda, Owner at Acacia Village, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Thanks for your review , we truly look forward to seeing you again in Acacia .We continue to strive to make it the oasis of Juba. We are building a gym area in 2013 and hope to see you there with your colleagues!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Staying at Acacia was a welcome brake from the madness of working in Juba , its a grate place with grate facilities . The pool and tennis courts are well maintained ,and the grounds are safe and secure, away from the hustle and bustle of Juba, the gardens are fantastic and so are the staff the tend to them. If your in Juba and need a get away then this is it.

Compared to what else is on offer this is hands down the best choice.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Jimmyjjames
AcaciaGM, General Manager at Acacia Village, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Acacia Village really is one of the greenest places in Juba. We have strive to avoid the classic cold, impersonal hotels that are the norm and instead have designed our hotel around individual cottages and landscaped gardens with indigenous plants; to create something that has character, warmth and an African flavor. A place you really can relax in and forget about the office.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and the facilities on offer.
Thank you for your review.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed at Acacia during the month of August whilst working in Juba and have to say it truly is a diamond in the rough. The facilities are great. Great pool and tennis courts, safe and secure and enclosed away from the rest of Juba so you forget about where you are and just enjoy the beautiful gardens and surroundings of Acacia. The rooms are great and always cleaned thoroughly and even better a daily laundry service 6 days a week. The food served in the bar / restaurant area is superb and always a good variety to choose from. Acacia became a home away from home in the month I was there and there always a great atmosphere and good company. And not to forget the staff in the bar are fantastic and truly made my stay a memorable one.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dippies79

We take great strides to ensure the 'home away from home' adage is true of Acacia. The fact that the majority of our guests return to us time and again and some even become long term guests is testament to the fact that we have gotten this right. Whether you are a first time visitor to Acacia or returnee you will always feel at home here.

Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I spent 2 nights here. The place was clean and well-run. The WIFI worked most of the time I was there and the staff was friendly and helpful. The food was moderately good though the choice was limited. The hotel could help arrange a car to bring you around Juba as well. There is also a pool and tennis court.

The only problem I had with the hotel is that it is quite far from town and the airport pickup was a cut-throat US$30. Other than that, I was quite happy with the place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
AcaciaGM, General Manager at Acacia Village, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear twcsingapore,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

At present it takes around 15 minutes to drive into the center of Juba from Acacia, we expect this time to be reduced shortly upon the completion of the roadworks. The main benefit of Acacia's location is that it is away from the pollution (noise, dust, smells) of city life but close enough to be easily accessible.

We try to vary our menu as much as possible with dedicated theme nights in the week and a choice of meat and vegetarian dishes throughout the day. If there is something you would like to see added to the menu i would very much like to hear from you again.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have stayed at Acacia Village several times now and have been looked after so well each time. Totally secure, in its own walled and guarded (24/7) compound it really is an oasis of calm in quite an austere part of the world. It may be ten minutes drive from the centre of town but this means that the air is clean and from a security point of view, if something happens in town you are much better placed away from any trouble. The road is paved virtually all the way out there now and this will be completed shortly. The area is friendly and I go running alone from the hotel through the local villages in complete safety. I have been doing this for months now and am always greeted in a friendly manner as I run past. Designed like a safari camp the accommodation is really very comfortable and always immaculately clean. Aircon, fridge, double beds with crisp, white linen (and good mosquito nets), flatscreen satellite TV in each room and broadband as fast as at home in rural Scotland. The ensuite shower rooms are also fine and there are never any bad smells from the sewage. The food is first class. It is not fancy but there is plenty of variety, the chefs are well trained and they use fresh ingredients making the basics (and by basics I mean the basics of any good restaurant rather than home cooking) to a very good standard. In the 7 months I have been coming to Acacia not once has the food made me ill. The local fish dishes they produce are exquisite and never have any bones left in them. And if you can't find anything you want on the varied menu then every single night there are 20 different varieties of pizza on offer - all home made. Finally, the staff. From the management down to the many local staff they employ they are all first class. The restaurant staff make the effort to learn your name and always greet you like a long, lost friend if you have been away for a time. The cleaners are discreet and thorough and I have not once been asked for anything, nor has anything gone missing from my room. Add to that the swimming pool and the basic (but effective) gym and you have a hotel as good as you could want or expect. Expensive? Certainly, but everything is in Juba. Good value for money? Without any doubt. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Juba.

Room Tip: Rooms in the cottages around the pool are pleasant but the cottages on the south side of the compoun...