“Excellent Lunch”
Review of The Barge Inn

The Barge Inn
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A fantastic 300 year old Inn, full of character. A selection of Cask conditioned Ales, premium lagers and wide selection of wines. We serve only freshly prepared food, our menu is changed seasonally, classic pub dishes are served all year round. Good old fashioned Sunday Roast from £11.95 Serving breakfast from 10am every day.
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Lunch”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had a wonderful meal there today my wife had seared liver and I had lamb fillet both were fabulous and followed by yummy desserts. Not the cheapest meals on the menu but excellent value and well cooked, cant fault the service one bit, this was out second visit to the Barge and it wont be our last.

It can be a very busy pub and immpossible t6o get a table on a Sunday unless you book, but on a Saturday lunchtime its fast moving but theren is usually plenty of space for a couple or smnall group.

• Visited September 2013

“Not impressed”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Myself and my two daughters had to wait 25 minutes for two Brie and bacon baguettes and a portion of chips due to the waitress delivering our food to the wrong table. The baguettes were literally a piece of bacon and a slab of Brie and a small side salad. Due to the delay and mix up (on the waitresses behalf) I asked if we could have 3 free cokes for our trouble and was only offered one as we hadn't been waiting over 30 minutes. Wasn't very impressed by this so had to ask another member of staff who apologised and arranged for us to have a free coke each. Also we were sitting outside and was being harassed by lots of wasps. Overall I felt it was very over priced and the staff were not very friendly. Won't be in a rush to go back.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Karen W
Purfleet, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Special meal”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is where we go for special meals and treats. Excellent food and really interesting menus. Great atmosphere. A real treat.

Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Nice country inn”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Whether visiting the Antiques market or just passing through its worth a stop for the nice ales, good food and friendly service.
We had the ploughman's lunch which had a good lump of mature crumbly cheddar cheese, pickled onions, gherkin, homemade chutney and warm crunchy french stick.

• Visited August 2013
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Wouldn't return in a hurry”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I decided to take my partner for a special meal on his birthday as we hadn't been here before. When we arrived the barman was very pleasant and showed us to our table, which was in a corner not near anyone else. We chose our food and waited for someone to come and take our order, which took about 20 minutes as I eventually had to call out for someone to serve us as all the waitreddes seemed to be too busy talking amongst themselves and to locals. I originally asked what the 'curry of the day' was, to which the lady responded 'er is that what it says?' She went off to ask the chef what it was and came back to tell me that it was 'sort of like onions, corn and peppers' ??? Sounded like leftovers trying to be used up if you ask me!! Anyway I made another choice and our meals were delivered in good time, they were tasty but I didn't feel that the presentation was as should be, sort of chucked on to the plate. After eating our meal I went to pay the bill as once again no one came to serve us, but I had to wait for the girl who was leaning across the bar to finish her conversation with the regulars first. So overall not a great meal, needless to say no tip was left!!

• Visited August 2013