“Lovely service”
Review of Crumbs & Cuppa

Crumbs & Cuppa
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in South Brent
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We popped in for lunch one day and the food was great with very friendly service

WellTravelled2009, Owner at Crumbs & Cuppa, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2015

Thank you for your kind review, looking forward to having your custom in the future

Reviewed October 25, 2011

We popped into Crumbs & Cuppa one afternoon with a view to having a light bite. We asked the girl behind the counter before we ordered if they accept payment by card. We were informed that they don't so we told her we would just nip to the ATM to get some cash and then come back.

In less than 5 minutes we were back in the coffee shop, ready to order. As I started ordering, the girl behind the counter said "We've stopped serving food". It was 3 O'clock and it stated on the door that they stopped serving at 4 O'clock! We asked if we could just get a cream tea and the response was a flat "No!" Miserable beggars!
Why we weren't informed that they weren't serving food any more when we told the girl we would be back with cash is baffling!

In short, they don't want your custom so I advise trying to spend your money elsewhere.

5  Thank Rolsy

First off I would like to thank you for taking time to review our cafe.
Positive or negative we would always want to hear your comments and feedback.
I can confirm that in October the cafe is open 8.30am-4pm, serving food until 3pm and tea, coffee, cakes thereafter.
I can honestly say I am unsure as to why you were denied a cream tea, I can only think that we had run out as we have them in fresh daily. Either way you didn't get one and for that I apologise.
With reference to having to go to the ATM to obtain cash, again our apologies.
I can now confirm that we do have a card machine so now can except cards as A means of payment.
As for your comment that we do not want custom, I can assure you that we do. If we don't have happy customers, we don't have a business (simple)
I would encourage you to come back if you are ever passing and hopefully we can turn this on its head & give you a positive experience.

Reviewed June 11, 2011

Having visited Crumbs & Cuppa a couple of years ago we were greatly surprised by the transformation of the 'New' Crumbs & Cuppa which is now under new ownership.
My husband opted for the rump steak (cooked to his liking) I enjoyed a Devon Cream Tea and our two boys tucked into a Full English Breakfast (one of our boy's is a vegetarian and fortunately they were also able to cater for this also).
The staff were friendly, polite and nothing was too much trouble. We have now pre booked our meals for our walking group in July and our confident that we will be received well.

3  Thank Clara071