“Perfect holiday cottage”
other traveler has booked this property
Redroof, Seaton, Devon - The Jurassic Coast
Lounge with log burning stove. Lounge with log burning stove.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Redroof, Seaton, Devon - The Jurassic Coast
Lounge with log burning stove.
Lounge with log burning stove.
French glazed doors from Lounge into dining room.
Large kitchen with door leading to rear conservatory and gardens.
Large kitchen with door leading to rear conservatory and gardens.
Conservatory leading to rear gardens.
Ground floor bedroom with king size bed.
Spacious ground floor bathroom
Spacious ground floor bathroom
Hall
First Floor twin bedroom with distant views of the Axe Valley.
First Floor single bedroom with distant views of the Axe Valley.
Secure, enclosed pretty rear garden with table and chairs.
Secure enclosed rear pretty garden.
Redroof front garden area.
Sunroom
Sunroom
First Floor distant views of the Axe Valley.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Michaela...
Florence, Italy
“Perfect holiday cottage”
Reviewed October 10, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

We stayed for 4 nights recently and everything about the cottage was wonderful. It was cosy and comfortable, well equipped and easy walking distance to Seaton and the beach. The weather in Seaton was very pleasant for our stay and we did many walks along the coastal trail. We would have loved to have our dogs with us but it would have been a long trip from Australia. We highly recommend this cottage and would have loved to stay in Seaton longer.

Nov 9, 2017
Thank you very much for taking the time to do a review for Redroof. I am extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you had a good journey home to the other side of the world! Thank you for choosing Redroof for your stay in Seaton.
Russ M
Guildford, United Kingdom
“A good base to explore Dorset and Devon”
Reviewed September 26, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

We decided to have a UK holiday this year to include the dog and we decided on this place as it’s the area we decided to base ourselves.

Our niece and her husband brought their two year old down for a few days so they could have a bit of a chill.

It’s a really nice bungalow, it feels homely, a separate dining room and living room, one downstairs bedroom and bathroom. There are two further bedrooms upstairs but no WC facilities upstairs. It feels like a home which is good. Nice garden and a conservatory and nice sized kitchen.

Its 5 to 10 min walk to the beach,

Local facilities are fairly good, few pubs about and restaurants and some good takeaways if you fancy a night in.

We enjoyed our stay very much.

Just a couple of points to mention.

There’s a loveseat in the kitchen, maybe a small table and chairs might be better?

The conservatory is a nice spot in the afternoon, has rugs down but beneath that is a concrete screed floor, maybe it just needs finishing.

There is a parking space outside the home which is a space for one car, there is parking within a minute however it might be something you need to consider if more than one set of family are coming.

We enjoyed our stay very much and would certainly recommend others to stay there.

Oct 11, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Redroof. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay but I am sorry that you had a couple of issues. The armchair in the kitchen is a really lovely bright sunny place to sit and read or have a coffee but I do understand that it isn't to everyone's taste. Sadly there is only one parking space outside the property although two cars will fit front on. Unfortunately you were not informed as you only booked for the two people. Yes I agree that the conservatory floor needs finishing. It is a relatively new structure and time ran out between bookings. I am hoping to rectify that this winter. Thank you again for choosing Redroof to spend your holiday.
Leilaboo
Beds, UK
“AMAZINGLY PERFECT Pet - Friendly Home from Home experience!!”
Reviewed August 3, 2017 for a stay in August 2016

We stayed at Redroof in August 2016 for a week with our two cocker Spaniels.

Easy directions and warm and friendly communications with Maddie from the onset.

House was perfectly equipped to house a family with dogs.
Warm and cosy decor with plenty of seating areas to take advantage of the sun.
Kitchen was fully equipped with everything you would need to prepare meals, with cooker, kettle, Microwave, washing machine and large fridge freezer.
Living room/ diner was cosy with wifi, TV, plenty of books, dvds, games and puzzles to entertain the family.
Maddie has provided plenty of information, maps and leaflets to browse through to organise your days out.
Bedrooms were spacious, tastefully decorated and incredibly comfortable!
The garden slopes down towards the house and is on two levels. Our dogs enjoyed the dog treats, dog toys and enclosed garden with mature shrubbery and beautiful flowers. We even took advantage of the apple tree and made apple crumble for dessert!
The bathroom was clean and spaciously equipped with a shower over the bath.
There is a local shop, about a two minute walk down the road, or a Tesco's Super store about a 15 minute walk from the house.
Seaton town centre is about a 10 minute walk, passing by a Butchers, Bakery, Craft shop and Post office, along with plenty of delightful little cafes, antique stores and friendly pubs.
The shingled, pebbled beach is about another 5 minute walk.
Dogs are allowed on either side of the beach, with the middle area banned for the summer months. We had no problems taking the dogs onto the beach, pass the beautiful line of decorative Beach huts.
At the end of these Beach huts, is the Hide Away Cafe, offering drinks, breakfast, and lunch. It's not cheap, but well worth sitting with a drink to relax and enjoy the views of the sea! You can also book for evening meals on a Friday and Saturday.

A Home from home experience that will make you want to return to Maddie's, year after year!! Book early to avoid disappointment, as I found out this year to my regret!

Aug 9, 2017
Wow! Thank you so much for this amazing review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your time at Redroof and I am sorry that you weren't able to find availability this year. I hope you managed to find somewhere else suitable for your summer holiday.
joangage
Shotts, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Back in time with moneyb”
Reviewed July 26, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

I visited seaton with my family in July stayed in red roof house the house was well suited for all my family needs maddie kindly let us in early so we are most grateful for this but some of the house was dusty freezer was dirty old food in it and seaton town was nice but some off it was run down also the biggest issue was Scottish money most shops question it if it was legal and to go and ask there managers if they could except this but the devon faye baker refused to take the money the two ladies were so rude saying it was their rights to refuse it so my advice to them this is real money or you so ignorant cause we are Scottish you donnt want our money also another comment they made they are not enough Scottish people come here no wonder if how I was treated also the place lacks things to do and everything you do is expensive so I was disappointed with this holiday

Aug 9, 2017
I am so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your holiday in Seaton. Scottish currency is indeed legal tender in England and the shop keepers should have accepted it.
Thank you for bringing to my attention the dust in the house and the food in the freezer. I will have a word with the cleaner and get those issues addressed.
I wish you and your family all the very best for the remaining summer.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Good location near the seafront”
Reviewed May 12, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Location good 5 minutes walk from seafront and beach. House very well equipped,clean and comfortable. The wood burner makes it very warm and cosy on a cooler evening. Plenty of places to visit within easy driving distance. This was the 3rd time of visiting Redroof.

Beds, UK
Reviewed August 21, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Aug 22, 2016
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for Redroof. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your week and I look forward to hearing from you again soon. Thank you also for leaving the house so beautifully tidy.
Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed July 12, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Traveling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jul 13, 2016
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and I hope to welcome you again in the future.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing