We stayed here as a couple for one night. Our stay room and breakfast was complimentary as part of our wedding package from last year (One nights stay on your 1 year anniversary).
We were completely 100% satisfied with our stay!
The room was great, comfortable, clean, over looking the beautiful beamish view and gardens with bottled still and sparking water, tea, coffee and hot chocolate facilities, cookies and cakes. Two glasses of OJ (which we promptly added our champagne too!!) Bathroom was modern, functional and perfectly clean.
We ate in the restaurant with out needing to book, staff were attentive and friendly. I ate the vegetarian lasagne and my husband had the local sausages and mash. Both came with side dishes however these were left untouched as the main meal portions were huge! Food was tasty, hot and there was plenty of choice. We also squeezed in a desert (chocolate dime bar cake) again this was amazing!!
We then moved into the bar were the selection of drinks was staggering, any spirit and mixer you could possibly think of and a fantastic range of ciders, lagers and wonderful real ales. The bar is super comfortable with big welcoming arm chairs and a beautiful wood fire in the centre of the room.
The Inn is set in a beautiful rural spot with fantastic gardens and a lovely little selection of animals (ducks, geese, donkeys, sheep, horses, alpacas!) We had a wonderful little stroll to stretch the legs around the gardens and farm yards in the sunshine- very peaceful and relaxing.
The staff and in particular the mangers make this place a real gem. Everyone we met was friendly, helpful and very accommodating. Nothing seemed too much trouble and they all seemed to work really hard and take pride in their work. The South Causey is a real credit to everyone working here, an absolutely wonderful place.
Nearly forgot to mention the pub dogs! A very friendly and well behaved labrador and little dachshund, sleeping contently in the reception area. Just add to the country, homely feel of the place.
A fantastic country Pub/ Restaurant/ Venue/ Inn. Would recommend 100%.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Causey Inn is a friendly welcoming independent hotel situated in the beautiful Beamish Valley.Set in 100 acres, South Causey Inn is an adaptable venue for a host of different events from a family get together, a Wedding to remember, a meeting place for colleagues or a relaxing overnight stay.We also have an adjacent British Horse Society Approved Equestrian Centre, which offers a range of outdoor activities to add a little something different to your day!We are splendidly situated only 6 miles from Durham City and 6 miles from Newcastle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your South Causey Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Causey Hotel Stanley
- South Causey Inn Stanley, County Durham