Some of my friends are getting married here next year and as we were visiting them, they decided to take us to the South Causey Inn so we could have a look around and have some lunch.
We decided to have lunch first as we were all starving. We were shown to a lovely warm dining room where we were seating close to the bar which was handy for getting drinks we thought. We were given the menus and although the food sounded amazing, the menus looked a little old and tatty and could probably do with updating. We all ordered starters which was probably a mistake because they were huge portions! 3 of us ordered the soup which was lovely. My only criticsm is that we were only given 3 little rolls of bread between all 3 of us. It took us a while to get the attention of a waitress who promptly brought us some more.
I had the burger for my main course which was devine!! However, the portion size was huge again and I felt really bad for having to leave such lovely food! There was also a carvery running at the same time which smelt heavenly!
We then asked if we could have a look round at some of the rooms which my friends will be using for their wedding. This was not a problem at all. 2 members of staff were setting up for a wedding fair and took the time to show us different ways of having the chair covers, the different centre pieces for the tables, different colour schemes, everything! We were there for ages and it was really nice for them to take the time to show us.
We didn't get to see any rooms but if they are anything like the rest of the hotel I can't wait to go back for the wedding!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Causey Inn is a friendly welcoming independent hotel situated in the beautiful Beamish Valley.Set in 100 acres, South Causey Inn is an adaptable venue for a host of different events from a family get together, a Wedding to remember, a meeting place for colleagues or a relaxing overnight stay.We also have an adjacent British Horse Society Approved Equestrian Centre, which offers a range of outdoor activities to add a little something different to your day!We are splendidly situated only 6 miles from Durham City and 6 miles from Newcastle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your South Causey Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Causey Hotel Stanley
- South Causey Inn Stanley, County Durham