My partner had purchased a Groupon voucher for an overnight stay at the Talbot hotel and the tasting menu in James Martin's restaurant in the evening as a birthday treat - this was already excellent value but when he informed them it was my birthday we were offered a complementary upgrade to one of their suites on top! As you can imagine the suite was excellent - more room than we new what to do with and a wonderfully luxurious bathroom. The bed was huge and incredibly comfortable - really nothing at all I can criticise. Dinner again was really excellent, the wreckfish course and smoked white chocolate desert warrant particular note, and we opted for the accompanying wine all of which again were very good. The staff in both the hotel, bar and restaurant were superb - polite and attentive without being intrusive. The only possible criticism of the stay is that it would have been nice to know a little more about both the food and accompanying wine, but this is such a minor point it is barely worth mentioning - it was a thoroughly lovely birthday treat!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Talbot Hotel - Malton Wentworth Restaurant - Malton Brasserie - Malton Cookery School Dating back to 1740 this lovely old hotel was reinvented in 2012 and named Small Hotel of the Year at Welcome to Yorkshire's White Rose Awards in 2014. The Wentworth Restaurant holds 2 AA rosettes. The country hotel design and atmosphere combined with its historic market town location convenient for York, the moors and coast has made it the place to say in the area. There are 26 individually furnished bedrooms, drawing room and bar, extensive landscaped grounds, two restaurants - the Wentworth Restaurant and Malton Brasserie - and the Wentworth Room for private dining and meetings. Just a short walk from the hotel is the Malton Cookery School, under the same management. The kitchen is in the hands of head chef Dan Graham who has worked under top chefs including Michel Roux at Le Gavroche. The Wentworth Restaurant offers contemporary British cooking with a fine dining 9 course tasting menu in the evenings and a Sunday lunch menu whilst the Malton Brasserie is open daily for lunch and dinner offering brasserie classics and a daily specials board. Working at the Talbot is about enthusiasm and a willingness to reach high standards in a friendly and fast paced environment. For more information please speak to us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your The Talbot Hotel Malton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Talbot Malton Nr York
- The Talbot Malton Nr York
- The Talbot Hotel Malton Yorkshire