The Talbot Hotel Malton
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
1,360 results
All reviewsjames martinexecutive cheffeature roomtasting menudrawing roomafternoon teanorton roombottle of champagnecookery schooljunior suiteon arrivallovely hotelcountry housefour poster bedthree coursesbeautiful roomnorth yorkshire
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This hotel was finished beautifully and the attention to detail outstanding.

We ate in the restaurant and enjoyed the taster menu, I am a hungry chap but found the small plates very satisfying after my 7 courses. Contrary to a previous comment about having a big lunch in advance to make sure you don't go hungry.

We took our dog along and he seemed to enjoy himself too.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeremy d, General Manager at The Talbot Hotel Malton, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear Ian M,

Thank you for your kind review, it is very much appreciated by us all.

We are delighted that you enjoyed yourselves so much and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at The Talbot for 2 nights in the Fitzwilliam suite. Wow! The room was quite simply beautiful, fabulous views over Malton and beyond and extremely well equipped. We ate in the restaurant on both evenings and were blown away by the food - we both agree that it could quite possibly have been the best meal we have ever eaten (the beef is something else!). On top of the amazing room and the sensational food, the staff really make this hotel special. Everybody we encountered were friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and clearly enjoyed their jobs which shone through. We felt completely at home here and both agreed that we would have loved to have stayed much, much longer! We will definitely be returning as soon as we can. Thank you to everyone at The Talbot for making our stay so memorable.

• Stayed: December 2013
Jeremy d, General Manager at The Talbot Hotel Malton, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Talia31,

Well well !! You really did enjoy yourselves at The Talbot.

I am really pleased that you all had such a good time and we managed to make your stay so special.

You are very generous with your kind words of praise for all my team of staff and it is also really nice to be told how much you enjoyed the food and the rest of the Hotel.

We all look forward to being able to welcome you back again soon and wish you a very enjoyable Festive period ahead.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Our Son & Daughter In Laws wedding was held at the Talbot Hotel on the 24th November
It was a perfect weekend at a perfect Hotel and lacation
The staff was very friendly and most helpful, The rooms were very spacious with modern bathroom facilities
The food was excellent both at dinner and breakfast and tea or coffe facilities were available in the room if you asked for it
Full marks to everyone at the Talbot and thanks a million for giving us such a fabulous weekend.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Peter B,

Thank you very much for your review, The Wedding was indeed a fantastic day for all involved!
Great weather always helps in November, but it was much more than just that.
Having met with both The Bride and Groom back in February, it was lovely to be with them on their special day. The Whole Team here at The Talbot have grown very fond of Rachel and Tim and it was a superb event.
I know we will see many of you again in The New Year and we look forward to being able to look after you once more very soon.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We went with a special offer that was fantastic value. Lovely little town. Large, quite simple rooms. Really nice, helpful staff. Highlight was the food. Great tasting menu and wine, and a really lovely breakfast too.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeremy d, General Manager at The Talbot Hotel Malton, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Patrick_the_Wise,

Thank you very much for your very kind feedback, I am thrilled that you enjoyed The Talbot so much and found all the staff to be so friendly and helpful.
The Tasting menu and matching wines is really popular since we have started to offer this as a dining option and represents very good value for money also!

Thank you once again for letting us know your thoughts.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Had lunch with my wife and our two daughters. It's been years since we were last here and the improvement is phenomenal, well done on that count.
Polite and attentive staff who were prepared to 'go the extra mile' if necessary - showing my wife and daughters around upstairs and letting them see the quality of rooms for example.
A lovely setting with nice views over Malton.
The wine list is very good and the lunch menu was extremely tempting - difficult to choose !
The food was really superb and we could not find fault at all.
Quite substantial too [ I cannot for the life of me understand some of the 'comments' to the contrary on tripadvisor ]
All in all I would not hesitate in recommending the Talbot, it's an exceptionally nice experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 63Jack

Dear 63Jack,

Wow!! What a lovely message this is! Thank you very much indeed for letting everybody know how much you all enjoyed yourselves.

I am sure we will see you back again in the not too distant future and we look forward to welcoming you once more to The Talbot.