As somebody who stays at The Talbot regularly, I'm afraid I have to agree with ScarboroughWiz that the restaurant menu is limited and never changes from one month to the next. A bit more variety/depth of menu would be welcomed, and would encourage me to eat at the hotel more, instead of finding local alternatives. Also a bit of variety of music when dining wouldn't go amiss - the constant playing of the same 1930's CD morning, noon and night becomes a little tiresome.
Service varies wildly from excellent to poor, depending upon who is working. It is not uncommon to have to go looking for member of staff when you want to check-in or pick up your key. The hotel employs many young members of staff, which is not a bad thing, but it often feels as though there is little of no management of the youngsters, and the customer service suffers as a result.
The rooms and communal areas are generally of very good standard and compare extermenly favourably with the local competition.
In summary the Hotel is generally very good, but the restaurant menu needs improving and a bit more supervison of the younger members of staff is needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Talbot Hotel - Malton Wentworth Restaurant - Malton Brasserie - Malton Cookery School Dating back to 1740 this lovely old hotel was reinvented in 2012 and named Small Hotel of the Year at Welcome to Yorkshire's White Rose Awards in 2014. The Wentworth Restaurant holds 2 AA rosettes. The country hotel design and atmosphere combined with its historic market town location convenient for York, the moors and coast has made it the place to say in the area. There are 26 individually furnished bedrooms, drawing room and bar, extensive landscaped grounds, two restaurants - the Wentworth Restaurant and Malton Brasserie - and the Wentworth Room for private dining and meetings. Just a short walk from the hotel is the Malton Cookery School, under the same management. The kitchen is in the hands of head chef Dan Graham who has worked under top chefs including Michel Roux at Le Gavroche. The Wentworth Restaurant offers contemporary British cooking with a fine dining 9 course tasting menu in the evenings and a Sunday lunch menu whilst the Malton Brasserie is open daily for lunch and dinner offering brasserie classics and a daily specials board. Working at the Talbot is about enthusiasm and a willingness to reach high standards in a friendly and fast paced environment. For more information please speak to us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Talbot Hotel Malton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Talbot Malton Nr York
- The Talbot Malton Nr York
- The Talbot Hotel Malton Yorkshire