We stayed for 3 nights in snowy mid March and were delighted with the location of Malton and with the town, but especially with the hotel.
The service was excellent - nothing was too much trouble and we were constantly astonished at the speed with which our requests were delivered either in the dining room, sittting room, bar or our room. The staff were knowledgeable and even able to cover more than one area, which gave a nice personal feel to the hotel.
The rooms are very comfortable with all fittings and fixtures polished and working, minor details remembered and in keeping with the furnishings (good hangers, good showerheads, even a doorstop in the bathroom).
Food - we loved the breakfasts, and the teas and ad hoc dining were fresh and healthy with a late night cheeseboard tasty and attractively presented, but were a little disappointed by the evening meal; the food was beautifully prepared and presented and the flavour and quality were excellent but it wasn't quite as 'magical' as we had expected. So a minor criticism, but we had only one experience of it and would have liked to return.
Well worth the 200 mile journey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Talbot Hotel - Malton Wentworth Restaurant - Malton Brasserie - Malton Cookery School Dating back to 1740 this lovely old hotel was reinvented in 2012 and named Small Hotel of the Year at Welcome to Yorkshire's White Rose Awards in 2014. The Wentworth Restaurant holds 2 AA rosettes. The country hotel design and atmosphere combined with its historic market town location convenient for York, the moors and coast has made it the place to say in the area. There are 26 individually furnished bedrooms, drawing room and bar, extensive landscaped grounds, two restaurants - the Wentworth Restaurant and Malton Brasserie - and the Wentworth Room for private dining and meetings. Just a short walk from the hotel is the Malton Cookery School, under the same management. The kitchen is in the hands of head chef Dan Graham who has worked under top chefs including Michel Roux at Le Gavroche. The Wentworth Restaurant offers contemporary British cooking with a fine dining 9 course tasting menu in the evenings and a Sunday lunch menu whilst the Malton Brasserie is open daily for lunch and dinner offering brasserie classics and a daily specials board. Working at the Talbot is about enthusiasm and a willingness to reach high standards in a friendly and fast paced environment. For more information please speak to us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Talbot Hotel Malton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Talbot Malton Nr York
- The Talbot Malton Nr York
- The Talbot Hotel Malton Yorkshire