We booked this hotel on a Living Social Deal and got absolutely amazing value. The staff were very welcoming, the room we stayed in Nantclwyd - the Junior Suite is absolutely beautiful- a huge room with 4 poster bed, sofa, lovely bathroom with free standing bath and separate monsoon shower When we were there we had a lovely snowy view of the river and fields. Everything in the hotel is top quality- lovely bed linen, toiletries etc. Service is outstanding with friendly staff delivering a cafetiere of coffee delivered to the room any time. We dined in the restaurant at night and did find the menu slightly limited. However the food was beautifully cooked and presented and once again we were served with a smile. The dining room is candle lit and quiet so lovely for a romantic meal.Breakfast next morning was also very good. We will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Talbot Hotel - Malton Wentworth Restaurant - Malton Brasserie - Malton Cookery School Dating back to 1740 this lovely old hotel was reinvented in 2012 and named Small Hotel of the Year at Welcome to Yorkshire's White Rose Awards in 2014. The Wentworth Restaurant holds 2 AA rosettes. The country hotel design and atmosphere combined with its historic market town location convenient for York, the moors and coast has made it the place to say in the area. There are 26 individually furnished bedrooms, drawing room and bar, extensive landscaped grounds, two restaurants - the Wentworth Restaurant and Malton Brasserie - and the Wentworth Room for private dining and meetings. Just a short walk from the hotel is the Malton Cookery School, under the same management. The kitchen is in the hands of head chef Dan Graham who has worked under top chefs including Michel Roux at Le Gavroche. The Wentworth Restaurant offers contemporary British cooking with a fine dining menu in the evenings and a Sunday lunch menu whilst the Malton Brasserie is open daily for lunch and dinner offering brasserie classics and a daily specials board. Working at the Talbot is about enthusiasm and a willingness to reach high standards in a friendly and fast paced environment. For more information please speak to us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Talbot Hotel Malton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Talbot Malton Nr York
- The Talbot Malton Nr York
- The Talbot Hotel Malton Yorkshire