What a lovely place! From the friendly staff to the beautiful room to the excellent food. We can't wait to return already. Excellent dog friendly policy (Many hotels can be very 'dogist!). The food was of a very high standard (Better than our last Michelin meal at The Devonshire infact). The bar meals were OK (Shame no snacky type option, like sandwiches, cakes etc - although afternoon tea in available, but not until after 3pm). Breakfast was great with lots of options. Very good prices on drinks. Had a nice drive to Filey on the way back today wich is only 30 mins away, for a brisk/windy walk on the beach. Only 1 thing I would say needs addressing and that is tea & coffee facilities in the room, it was available on request, but I suspect like us, most people like to just be able to make a brew themselves so should really be standard. Looking forward to returning in the summer. Many thanks to all the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Talbot Hotel - Malton Wentworth Restaurant - Malton Brasserie - Malton Cookery School Dating back to 1740 this lovely old hotel was reinvented in 2012 and named Small Hotel of the Year at Welcome to Yorkshire's White Rose Awards in 2014. The Wentworth Restaurant holds 2 AA rosettes. The country hotel design and atmosphere combined with its historic market town location convenient for York, the moors and coast has made it the place to say in the area. There are 26 individually furnished bedrooms, drawing room and bar, extensive landscaped grounds, two restaurants - the Wentworth Restaurant and Malton Brasserie - and the Wentworth Room for private dining and meetings. Just a short walk from the hotel is the Malton Cookery School, under the same management. The kitchen is in the hands of head chef Dan Graham who has worked under top chefs including Michel Roux at Le Gavroche. The Wentworth Restaurant offers contemporary British cooking with a fine dining 9 course tasting menu in the evenings and a Sunday lunch menu whilst the Malton Brasserie is open daily for lunch and dinner offering brasserie classics and a daily specials board. Working at the Talbot is about enthusiasm and a willingness to reach high standards in a friendly and fast paced environment. For more information please speak to us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Talbot Hotel Malton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Talbot Malton Nr York
- The Talbot Malton Nr York
- The Talbot Hotel Malton Yorkshire