We spent a 2 night break on a travel zoo deal which was excellent value for money and gave us the opportunity to visit the area for the first time which we otherwise would not have considered.
Service was superb throughout, friendly, welcoming, attentive and professional without being pretentious. All staff live locally with the exception of 1 person from France and 1 from New Zealand we were told and the team do appear to be happy and work well together.
Food was fabulous. We had 2 evening meals & 2 breakfasts. We did not sample the lunch bar menu as we were out sightseeing and from Sept there will be evening bar meals available. The tea / coffee is delivered fresh to your room when requested from reception which we had on 3 ocassions and the service was prompt with 1 exception when I ordered at 7am and received it @ 7.30am and was brought coffee when I had requested tea. I chose not to make an issue of this as everything else had been spot on and preferable to have fresh than pre-packed. Felt sorry for the staff who carry the tray though as it is hugh! Room was spotless as was the hotel overall, bed & bedding was very comfortable, plenty of solid storage, provided with bottled water still & sparkling and with Penthaligon's toiletries.
The £4.2 million refurbishment is impressive and the building, furnishings and decor is beautiful. We look forward to seeing the proposed development of the spa facilities across the road at the stables and cookery school & tea room in the adjacent building if these are developed. The hotel will be a stunning venue to have a wedding especially when the gardens mature. At present there is limited external seating and benches to admire the view.
Malton is a nice village and has a working cattle market auction on a Tues & Fri. We found all the locals in Malton and surrounding locality very friendly and helpful. On 1 day we left the car in Whitby and got the bus to Robin Hood's bay and then walked the Cleveland way along the cliff coast back to Whiby which took 3 hours with stunning views. Whitby and RH bay are scenic and quaint with cobbled streets and old wordly charm. There was a folk festival on in Whitby during our stay and we were fortunate to see the heather in flower on the moors.
A very enjoyable break for our wedding anniversary and felt spolit throughout our stay. Would highly recommend a visit and it has inspired us to revisit this part of the country again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Talbot Hotel - Malton Wentworth Restaurant - Malton Brasserie - Malton Cookery School Dating back to 1740 this lovely old hotel was reinvented in 2012 and named Small Hotel of the Year at Welcome to Yorkshire's White Rose Awards in 2014. The Wentworth Restaurant holds 2 AA rosettes. The country hotel design and atmosphere combined with its historic market town location convenient for York, the moors and coast has made it the place to say in the area. There are 26 individually furnished bedrooms, drawing room and bar, extensive landscaped grounds, two restaurants - the Wentworth Restaurant and Malton Brasserie - and the Wentworth Room for private dining and meetings. Just a short walk from the hotel is the Malton Cookery School, under the same management. The kitchen is in the hands of head chef Dan Graham who has worked under top chefs including Michel Roux at Le Gavroche. The Wentworth Restaurant offers contemporary British cooking with a fine dining 9 course tasting menu in the evenings and a Sunday lunch menu whilst the Malton Brasserie is open daily for lunch and dinner offering brasserie classics and a daily specials board. Working at the Talbot is about enthusiasm and a willingness to reach high standards in a friendly and fast paced environment. For more information please speak to us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your The Talbot Hotel Malton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Talbot Malton Nr York
- The Talbot Malton Nr York
- The Talbot Hotel Malton Yorkshire