Had a one night stay on a Travelzoo deal which was fab value for money. Arrived 2.30 on the dot. First impressions were good. A lovely reception area and friendly welcome. Beautiful fresh flowers on display. I was shown up to my room by a young 'bell boy' who carried my bag and informed me that there were no beverage making facilities in the room but these could be ordered to be brought up to the room and were complimemtary. There was bottled water, homemade biscuits, penhaligon's toiletries, towelling robes, slippers, tissues, cotton wool balls and writing materials provided. The room was large and traditionally furnished with quality pieces and decor. The bathroom was also large with lovely vanity unit and bath with monsoon shower over. The towels were not that soft but were adequate.
The bar area was run well by a very amiable 'yorkshire' bar man, who kept customers entertained. There was no background music which would have been nice, especially in the restaurant but I understand that the family owners specifically don't want that.
The restaurant was lovely. We asked for a window seat if possible and was pleased to get one.
The service in the restaurant was efficient and friendly. Every course of the meal was very good, cooked and presented well. The white chocolate and whiskey croissant pudding was delightful!!
The bed was very comfortable. The television was sat on a chest of drawers but the view from the bed would be better if it was mounted on the wall. Freeview channels available and also free Wifi access.
Breakfast was good although service was a bit disorganised. The manager helped out, which is good to see. Quality produce once again.
There are plans to develop the garden area and to provide spa facilities across the road, which will make an already attractive place appeal to a wider clientele.
I would definitely stay here again and gladly pay full price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Talbot Hotel - Malton Wentworth Restaurant - Malton Brasserie - Malton Cookery School Dating back to 1740 this lovely old hotel was reinvented in 2012 and named Small Hotel of the Year at Welcome to Yorkshire's White Rose Awards in 2014. The Wentworth Restaurant holds 2 AA rosettes. The country hotel design and atmosphere combined with its historic market town location convenient for York, the moors and coast has made it the place to say in the area. There are 26 individually furnished bedrooms, drawing room and bar, extensive landscaped grounds, two restaurants - the Wentworth Restaurant and Malton Brasserie - and the Wentworth Room for private dining and meetings. Just a short walk from the hotel is the Malton Cookery School, under the same management. The kitchen is in the hands of head chef Dan Graham who has worked under top chefs including Michel Roux at Le Gavroche. The Wentworth Restaurant offers contemporary British cooking with a fine dining 9 course tasting menu in the evenings and a Sunday lunch menu whilst the Malton Brasserie is open daily for lunch and dinner offering brasserie classics and a daily specials board. Working at the Talbot is about enthusiasm and a willingness to reach high standards in a friendly and fast paced environment. For more information please speak to us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your The Talbot Hotel Malton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Talbot Malton Nr York
- The Talbot Malton Nr York
- The Talbot Hotel Malton Yorkshire