Great value with the Travelzoo deal!! And a beautiful hotel! The reception staff were very welcoming and helpful, however, the remainder of the staff let the place down. It wasn't as if they weren't friendly enough, they just didn't really know what they were doing. The place seemed to lack organisation and Leadership. I did speak to one of the girls on the bar after dinner and she had said they were a bit thin on the ground as they had initially had a high turnover of staff when they had opened. As for dinner, well, it was decent. It was close to being good but there were flaws. Eccentric seasoning and a lack of advertised ingredients let them down slightly. If you run out of asparagus, surely you would remove the lamb dish from the menu or educate staff to explain this to the diner upon ordering? I know this isn't a huge issue, but it is the difference between excellence and averageness! Puddings, however, were fantastic! On to the bar for after dinner drinks and we were very suprised by the prices. A G 'n' T was cheaper here than my local pub! Nice! The wine list was also very reasonably priced. All in all, great value with the deal we got, however, I would rather pay that bit extra if it meant getting the little things right. I'll put it down to teething...
Good luck to 'The Talbot'!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Talbot Hotel - Malton Wentworth Restaurant - Malton Brasserie - Malton Cookery School Dating back to 1740 this lovely old hotel was reinvented in 2012 and named Small Hotel of the Year at Welcome to Yorkshire's White Rose Awards in 2014. The Wentworth Restaurant holds 2 AA rosettes. The country hotel design and atmosphere combined with its historic market town location convenient for York, the moors and coast has made it the place to say in the area. There are 26 individually furnished bedrooms, drawing room and bar, extensive landscaped grounds, two restaurants - the Wentworth Restaurant and Malton Brasserie - and the Wentworth Room for private dining and meetings. Just a short walk from the hotel is the Malton Cookery School, under the same management. The kitchen is in the hands of head chef Dan Graham who has worked under top chefs including Michel Roux at Le Gavroche. The Wentworth Restaurant offers contemporary British cooking with a fine dining 9 course tasting menu in the evenings and a Sunday lunch menu whilst the Malton Brasserie is open daily for lunch and dinner offering brasserie classics and a daily specials board. Working at the Talbot is about enthusiasm and a willingness to reach high standards in a friendly and fast paced environment. For more information please speak to us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your The Talbot Hotel Malton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Talbot Malton Nr York
- The Talbot Malton Nr York
- The Talbot Hotel Malton Yorkshire