“Fantastic dietary options ”

India the Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 99 Restaurants in Malton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

We have just had a fantastic meal at India the Restaurant in Malton. We called ahead to order vegan food for two of us and it was delicious. They made us a fabulous vegan family naan as well. Everyone really enjoyed their meals and we can’t wait to go back.

If you need gluten free or have other dietary requirements just phone ahead of time and they’ll do all they can to accommodate. Can’t recommend them highly enough.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank 268alicei
Write a reviewReviews (233)

Reviewed November 17, 2019

Had a night out with friends and went to India restaurant for the first time and were not disappointed. Excellent staff and fantastic fresh food.

Date of visit: November 2019
Indiatherestaurant, Manager at India the Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2019

Thank you for your visit .. and thanks for taking time to review us. We really appreciate your kind words which encourage us to keep on doing what we do best.
We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed November 7, 2019

We were here about a year ago and had a very good meal, the only thing I didn't like was the rice.
This time I couldn't fault the food.
Starters were very tasty especially the fish dish.
Mains were all delicious although the lamb madras was hotter than normal, a challenge but still very good!
Rice was much better and the huge naan was one of the best we've ever had.

1  Thank Marco2657
Indiatherestaurant, Manager at India the Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2019

Thank you for taking time out to visit us again and also writing about your experience.. we take on board the good and bad and try our best to improve. We hope to see you again sooner than a year this time..

Reviewed October 20, 2019 via mobile

A group of 4 of us visited on a Saturday night and had an amazing meal. The staff were very welcoming and the food was amazing. My wife has a garlic allergy which usually means Inidan food is off the menu. However the chef was so accommodating and told her that she could eat whatever she wants and they would just cook it from fresh. So nice to be able to enjoy Indian food without the fear of her allergies.

1  Thank RobA1497

Thank you for your visit, we try our best to accommodate every body and their dietary needs. I’m glad on this occasion my hard working super staff were able to help you.
We hope to see you soon

Reviewed October 16, 2019 via mobile

Went here on Saturday night.
The food was ok at best and felt a little underwhelmed.

However, I have always been brought up to leave some form of tip, so when the bill arrived for £39 I put 50 quid down expecting change to be returned so I could leave £5. After paying the waitress never returned with change. I don’t know how anyone would automatically think they were getting an £11 tip (especially when she spoke Hardly two words to us all night) is beyond a joke.

Being British, we did that awkward thing of leaving without saying anything coz of the embarrassment with it all.

My TIP for the restaurant of someone has clearly left a large amount, always return the change and wait to see what they leave on the table.

2  Thank stozzy
Indiatherestaurant, Manager at India the Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2019

Firstly would like to tell you we have been here 6 successful years and have never ripped any of our customers off. As for your bill you came and paid at the reception till and not at your table as you have claimed the bill was bought to you.. you bought the bill to the reception put £50.00 note on there and walked off as I the manager was the one who you came to with your payment. If a customer sends the bill from the table then all the change is returned to the table. If you come and pay us at reception till and walk off and not wait for your change then what we supposed to think ? We are more than happy to return your change to you. As for waitress not saying two words to you our staff return to your table on a number of occasions to ask if certain courses are ok. So that’s more than two words .. I my self came to your table twice also. Please contact us so we can return ur change. And thank you for your custom