“flamingoland”
Review of Flamingo Land ltd

Flamingo Land ltd
Ranked #2 of 23 things to do in Malton
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This is a must for all the family and of all ages, there is white knuckle rides for the kids and young at heart, and then there is the zoo with its many animals, and lots of shows to entertain everyone, the meerkats are a must.

There are newer reviews for Flamingo Land ltd

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Been this afternoon with the family.
We went as it was winter opening at £35 I didn't think it was too bad, hopefully you can see that the money does go on the animals but still £35 just for an afternoon. I think £25 would be more appropriate especially when Chester is larger and not that much more. However We did spend 4 hours looking at all the zoo animals and going on the 4 rides that were available to us. The que's where long but moved and you waited no more than 20 minutes. But as only a limited amount of rides where available as you can imagine they were busy.
We saw the sea lion demonstration which was great. Although get there slightly early as we did and get a seat. The people who turned up bang on time where never going to get seated.
The zoo animals collection is quite large. Lions, tigers, zebra, hippos, giraffe and a walk through with the lemurs.

We would love to go in the holidays when fully open but at £110 for a family for a day out I don't think this family will be participating! Oh my gosh are you kidding?! No way is it worth £110! Why do people pay that price? And then there's no warning of nights so your child might not be able to go on everything!

Anyway the sun was shining, I spent the day with family and enjoyed myself.
Yes I would go back, it would have to be winter opening times again and it wouldn't be for a few years.
Shame as we live so close.

1  Thank Karen T
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We visited the park today, expecting to be able to go on the rides. After spending ten minutes waiting for the rides to open, we went and asked a member of staff when the rides would start. We were informed that they will not be starting for another week or so. Although this member of staff was polite, I find it ridiculous that we were not made aware that the rides would be closed during the winter, especially as we drove for nearly two hours to get to the park, costing us £40 in petrol.
Every member of our party had looked on the website prior to booking online to check the rides would be open. In no section of the website does it specifically say that NONE of the rides would be open. Since leaving the park today, we have checked the website and the only thing we could find is a small sentence, saying that the theme park is closed during winter. For a park that completely closes its rides all winter I find this unacceptable. It should be made crystal clear online that the rides are not open. I would also suggest that there is a note on the booking page in bold print, pointing out that the rides are closed during winter, to make customers aware of what they are paying for.
Although we were extremely disappointed in our trip being ruined, we left the establishment feeling shocked and angry because of one of the employees. The aforementioned member of staff pointed out a senior manager to us, so we could speak to them about getting a refund. The “senior manager” ’s name badge said “Mark”. I found him to be extremely rude and very bad-mannered. He cut my partner off mid-sentence and was clearly trying to get rid of us. We were polite in asking for a refund and he was totally discourteous. He said he was ringing through to the office to get us a refund, and I quote “but there was no one in the office, so...”, and he just looked at us. I presumed he expected us to leave without being refunded. After questioning this he huffed and said it would be processed later and we could expect the payment within five days, which we shall wait to receive. We then had to ask him to write down in evidence that we were to be given a refund, which he was also unhappy about.
We left the gift shop and discovered he had only written down a £20 refund, even though there were four of us in our party. After huffing again he corrected it for us. At no point during any conversations with the staff were we apologised to. As my partner and I both work in retail, we expected much better service. Neither of us has ever experienced such bad service. In our places of work, if we were to speak to a customer in such a way we would definitely be pulled into the office and disciplined.
The way we were treated today was absolutely disgusting, and I am glad that we only paid £40 entrance fee to be spoken to in such a way, and not peak season prices. Next time we will be spending our money at either Blackpool Pleasure Beach or Alton Towers, both of which are better parks, are open during the winter and provide much better service. We will not ever be spending money here again.

3  Thank night0wl22
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We visited on 8th March as a party of 6 (4 adults, 2 kids aged 4 and 6) after buying a deal from Wowcher. We stayed overnight in one of the gold holiday homes, which was lovely, so much nicer than I expected. The kitchen was well equipped, and the whole caravan was spotless and nicely furnished. The master bedroom was a good size with lots of storage and an en suite, and there was a further two twin bedrooms. We spent several hours in the park on saturday and again on sunday, there were only 5 small rides on them but the kids had a great time, The zoo was OK, we saw the hippos being fed which was great as they came out of the water right up to the fence. The sea lion show was enjoyable too, didn't last too long but was the right amount of time for younger children who tend not to concentrate for too long! We tried to eat out at the on site pub (coach inn or coach house? cant remember), but it was too full, so ate at a hotel just round the corner and the food there was excellent. All in all we felt it was excellent value for money with the voucher as for the 6 of us including the accommodation it cost £79. Not sure I would feel the same if we had paid full prices, however we are definitely considering returning to try out the rest of the rides in the summer once everything has reopened!

2  Thank FJ55
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Visited with my 2 year old & would reccommend to visit throughout winter opening to families with toddlers. Saw most of the animals, but have to wonder about quality of some of the enclosures. Sea Lion show was very enjoyable. Rides were good & an added plus was the short queues. Personally I would not visit in the high season as I think it is very over priced even if you are able to access all the rides. The quality of the facilities does not reflect such a high price. Animal wise I would rather visit Yorkshire Wildlife Park or Chester Zoo.

2  Thank Doofahnbw