“Campsite stinks”

Flamingo Land ltd
Ranked #4 of 16 things to do in Malton
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Paid nearly £400 for a week
Camping and entry into theme park for 2 kids and 2 adults. Wont be back,was very dissapointed with shower and toilet block. Smell of raw sewage in toilets, shower powerless and cold. In the theme park a lot of rides were not working and night time entertainment. Expected a lot better when you consider the amount of money the resort must generate. Basic hygiene was very poor all round.

2  Thank Greyhound74
Write a ReviewReviews (3,377)
All reviews
in 80 reviews
"packed lunch"
in 40 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We enjoyed Flamingo Land but its looking tired. The park map was misleading and we were surprised to find everything so close together. The obligatory side shows gave it a worn out look (as well as costing us a bomb but we expected that and came prepared!). We chose the Diner for lunch and the food was reasonably priced and tasty with our server Imogen being very helpful. We travel with our 10 year old who as autism and obtained fast track bands for us to access rides without queuing which was a huge help. Only one ride refused to acknowledge them and the lassie on duty seemed more interested in getting a sun tan than working! Some autism awareness training might be handy for some of the operators but the male staff were great whereas the girls let the side down. I'd visit again as we enjoyed our day. Just do a bit of upgrading first please.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We recently visited York for the weekend and so decided to have the Friday off work and visit flamingo land. The park has rides and a zoo.
I last visited this theme park about 8 years ago and really didn't rate it. One of the worst things when I visited was the conditions the animals were kept in - appeared small and run down. I'm pleaded to say that clearly a lot if investment has gone into the park and both the zoo and theme park are much improved - if you have been put off by previous visited, do go again - its worth it.
The theme park had plenty of rider for children and adults. The nice thing about the rides are that they are all really different and a nice mix - roller coasters, water rides and attractions and fairground type rides.
The other good thing about the park is that we felt the food wasn't a complete rip off - we ate in a pub type place near to the farm area - sandwiches were about £4.50 and came with a salad.
The zoo is good too - the viewing areas mean you can really see the animals (example of tiger picture from our visit attached)
plenty to do for all - we could have spent much longer there but it was very hot when we visited, so left around 3pm.
Park was very clean all day.
The only major down point of our visit was that the log flume wasn't running. and one of the areas (dino world) was still under construction although it advertises on the website like its all open and built.
Overall a good day out for those with kids or those who are just big kids like us :)

1  Thank Shaz105
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Visited on Satuday 22 July 2013. Some rides were closed. Purchased a Q Buster ticket £10 for two people. Went to get on velocity at 4,30. It was closed. Threw ticket away. On way out at 5.35 it was open again. Poor way to run a park with rides that seem to open and close when they feel like it.
It is about 8 years since my last visit. I came rligiously for 12 years prior to that. I feel a lot has changed and in my opinion for the worse. 5 people paying - £150, before additional for Q Buster.

Very poor value for money. Will not be returning.

1  Thank PLZL
See more reviews
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My sister bought me a Virgin experience voucher for 2 people to have an animal encounter at Flamingo Land for Christmas which we used this weekend. We could choose Meerkat, penguin or Lemur and we went for lemur in the end. The voucher also included admission to the park too.
I thought the experience would be holding a grape and one eats it and that would be it but it was way better than I ever thought.
You go into the enclosure and the lemurs already know what you are there for and are following you into the little cabin where you can put your bags. You have to wear gloves for hygiene and then you go out with a bucket of food and they jump on you to eat it. Literally they all jump on you. My boyfriend had 6 hanging off him at one point to get the food out of our hands, I think the most I had was 4. If you don't want animals jumping on you, give this a miss and do a penguin feed (though we watched this and literally they could not be bothered to get out of the water for the fish) but if you love animal experiences when they climb all over you, like I do then this is a must. One of the best one on one animal interactions I have ever done and I did dolphin training for a day in Orlando 5 weeks ago - that's how good it was.
The rest of the park was ok. The zoo was good but as we did the lemurs first the rest was just ok. We didn't do any of the rides as it had been a long work week and we couldn't be bothered.
If I had paid the £30 for the entrance fee and then the £20 for the e counter I wouldn't feel like I got my money's worth. I think it's a very expensive part to go to as we didn't make the most of it but the animal encounter was just amazing.

3  Thank Sbchannel