“Kids enjoyed it but pricey”
Review of Flamingo Land ltd

Flamingo Land ltd
Ranked #7 of 25 things to do in Malton
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had a day out here in August 2012, the price is £28.50 which is pretty pricey, we have a BOGOF voucher so that lessened the impact. The weather was perfect, very warm. I like this place better than Lightwater Valley as it is more compact, has a zoo and a few water attractions which the kids were plating in. The queues for the rides were ok but then they started to get big. No way was I going to queue for 90 minutes (I am a little impatient!) Queue buster tickets duely purchased, good idea but a way for them to make extra money. We also visited the Zoo which was good. Can't comment on the restaurants as we had a picnic. Overall is good for kids but pricey.

1  Thank Lizy1
Write a ReviewReviews (3,333)
All reviews
in 148 reviews
"great family day"
in 78 reviews

Reviewed August 27, 2012

After using my vouchers from the newspaper I thought we were in for a really cheap, action packed fun weekend. Much to our disappointment this was not the case. We queued for over a hour to check in to start with. I needed a visit to the loo so left my family in the booking in queue only to find only 1 toilet and a 1/2 hour wait for this, and it was very dirty. Once we found a pitch we put the tent up and the heavens opened. Luckily our tent stayed flood free, however there were 4 surrounding ones that were not so lucky. Each suffered around half a foot of water inside there tents. There is no drainage what so ever on any of the site. A local farmer was drafted in to attempt to drain away some of the water around the tents including ours which was surrounded by approx 1/2 foot of rain water. We asked the staff 6 rimes to come and do it and each time nothing. Eventually on sat pm we asked the farmer ourselves and it was done straight away. The showers and toilets are dreadful. Really dirty and nothing to clean the cubicles with before you get in so mud everywhere. No hot water. Washing up facilities dreadful. Sinks are always dirty. Laundrette very expensive £7. The drinks in the club very expensive £5 for a glass of wine. The park itself very dated. In need if a dam good paint. Queued for an hour for a ice team only to be told they had sold out. Toilets in the park dirty. Queues for big rides between an hour or two long. All in all we were there for 4 very long days and only got on around 8 rides all of these with my 6 year old. Very disappointing.

1  Thank Nickyjf
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We only went to Flamingo Land as we had a buy one get one free ticket. Thank goodness we did as I'd've been gutted to spend almost £100 for somewhere like this. Everything is shabby (apart from the newer area near Muddy Duck farm). There were wasps everywhere which I know in summer can't be helped, however the amount of litter lying around including food certainly didn't help. I've also been to other theme parks which use wasp traps to try and control this. I do not understand why all parks wouldn't do this. Next issue I had was the amount of chavs strolling about the place swearing and shouting and letting their little treasures run riot. I sound like a snob now, I can assure you that I'm not, however I don't appreciate other parents swearing in front of my children. A lot of these people seemed to be holidaying in the adjacent caravan site which my husband and I were thinking about visiting in the future. After seeing the average residents of this site, we will definitely not be staying here!

3  Thank Natalie S

Two hours Q's for rides.
Food over priced.
Rides breaking down on three occasions, whilt in the Q.

Really not good enough for the 95 quid we paid.

And the was a mod week day visit.

2  Thank Packhorse100