“value for money”

and up
The York Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #1 of 23 things to do in Malton
More attraction details
Owner description: Housed within the buildings and grounds of a former Prisoner of War camp, a visit to this unique museum will take you back to wartime Britain. Experience the sights, sounds and even smells of life on both the Home Front and the Front Line.
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We visited the camp on the 19th November it is a pow camp that has been turned into a musuem they say to allow at least 2-3 hours but we found we was there all day it is well worth the entrance fee it is a very informative about the 1st and second world wars plus all the fights we have been in since then . it is very good for the childern to learn about what it was all about there is also an area for the kids to let of steam .

There are newer reviews for Eden Camp Modern History Theme Museum

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We found a brochure on this place whilst staying in York We have an interest in the second world war and the 60s and 70s this museum has 29 huts all themed on different stages or areas of the wars from first world war to the present day and the way its presented really brings it all to life. Well worth a visit and for what you get not expensive. Also good value food in the canteen

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I visited Eden Camp today with my 10 year old daughter, as part of a school trip. I myself visited as a child, about 20 years ago and as far as I could see it had remained exactly the same throughout those years. Still the exact same scenes, in the exact same huts, with the exact same creepy dummies.Even the puppet show was identical.It's such a shame as both myself and my daughter adore anything history orientated, but it really is a let down. All the information is geared towards adults, reams and reams of the stuff; but nothing to engage children. If they changed nothing else I would love to see more child friendly information, as surely this is a major part of their market? If I had to describe this trip in one word it would be 'tired', which is a shame because it could be amazing with some well needed investment. I feel, dare I say, that it comes across as lazy. There is no competition in this part of the country, they keep the prices reasonably low to pull the customers in and seem to have the same motto as they did during WW2 'Make do and mend'

2  Thank helen2716
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I believe this a unique museum. I learnt on our visit that the museum wouldn't exist had the land owner gone along with his first plan of creating a factory making crisps! But an encounter between the owner and three former POWs changed all that and created what we see now. Phew. There's an awful lot to see and take in and if you wanted to take everything in then devote a full day. It's chock full of information about WWII in all aspects but also includes WW1 and latter-day conflicts as well as how it was as POW camp. Lots of interesting detail, exhibits, recreations and a good NAAFI style canteen to boot. But you don't have to read every word on every display to gain a sense of each themed hut. Note that if the weather's cold and in particularly drafty, you'll feel it in the huts. But hey, it was a POW camp after all..

Reviewed November 20, 2013

It's a interesting place to visit with lots of tanks,trucks and guns!

But there is a lot to read with nearly 30 cabins all full of facts, leave plenty of time to see it all.

Overall a interesting place to visit which anyone of any age will like.