“Very interesting”

and up
The York Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #1 of 23 things to do in Malton
More attraction details
Owner description: Housed within the buildings and grounds of a former Prisoner of War camp, a visit to this unique museum will take you back to wartime Britain. Experience the sights, sounds and even smells of life on both the Home Front and the Front Line.
leeds UK
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Very interesting”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Really interesting exhibits, really enjoyed wandering in and out of all the huts. The kids got nervous in some of the darker exhibits - but it does warn you about adjusting your eyes - and on reflection I don't think they were really scared as they asked to visit the Blitz one twice.
The giftshop was great for the kids - lots of things under £2 - bullet keyrings anyone? There was also an outdoor play area. An enjoyable few house - oh and try to see the puppet show - It's great. I think it would be better for age 8+ children, I can't imagine infants understanding it. My kids thought it was great (10 & 9).

Neath
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“German P.O.W. camp”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Very interesting to see how a p.o.w.camp worked & operated, gives one some idea of what our boys had to go through in German camps.

Lancashire England
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Good value for money attraction”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Visited here whilst staying at Pickering. Had meant to go on a previous visit but never got around to it. Overall I felt that Eden Camp was a very good attraction and certainly not overpriced. (The admission also included parking.) We looked at all the huts in order for a general overview which suited me. Whereas some visitors only looked at the huts that they were interested in. We only spent 2 hours there as it was a cold day. We would definately visit again and take the grandchildren as I am sure they would find it interesting.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Second visit”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We visited here as part of a mystery tour i was not very happy as I found the site boring on my first visit but on saying that my husband was over the moon. On my second visit i found the site more interesting

There are so many points of interest that it is impossible to take everything in. It is interesting if you experienced the war years and every where you turn there are items that people can recognize and remember. This museum is a wonderful one for three generations to go around together where the two older generations can talk about the items that they remember from the end of the the. There is also cafe which serves refreshments at realistic prices.The only criticism I have about the food was that it appeared to have been cooked to long before it was served. I don't know what the entry fee was because it was included in the price of our tour
On saying that it was a tour that I appreciated more the second time around. However my husband would love to go again.

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“So much to take in”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We visited Eden camp having missed it on our last visit to the area and having had a friend recommend it, we went along. We were not disappointed.
There is a lot to read and if you actually read everything that is there, then it would take all day. However you can easily select the things that are of particular interest and concentrate on that. The buildings are laid out on the original site so have an authentic feel about them and if it was really busy then it might get a bit crowded. We visited at half term and there was still plenty of room.
The only disappointment was the food which left a lot to be desired. I expected better but having read other reviews, perhaps I chose the wrong thing or got there too close to closing time.
Anyway, overall it is well worth a visit and is very good value.

Visited October 2013