“A wonderful way to make history real”

Eden Camp Modern History Theme Museum
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Malton
More attraction details
Owner description: Housed within the buildings and grounds of a former Prisoner of War camp, a visit to this unique museum will take you back to wartime Britain. Experience the sights, sounds and even smells of life on both the Home Front and the Front Line.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We took our sons here aged 6 and 10 and before we went in told them that everything here was real and happened. Two hours later they had had enough but were fascinated by what they saw with the exhibits here. Everything about this place lends itself to give the story of the war.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,405)
All reviews
in 27 reviews
"different aspects"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I quite enjoyed my trip here. It was really interesting. I can imagine it might get quite busy with kids at times. I would time your visit well. Take cash though! No cards accepted! Worth a visit.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Visited Eden Camp on Sunday 21st July 2013, We thoroughly enjoyed our trip, the camp is well maintained, very educational, lots of old relics. We particularly enjoyed the submarine and the ship, as well as the old street huts, very well done with smells and sounds. The grounds are immaculate, plenty of places to sit for a picnic, we took a picnic with us. There is a cafe, shop and ice cream kiosk, and a bar, which are all reasonably priced. There are old planes, tanks, and other types of military vehicles, all with information boards. We paid £6 for me and my daughter and £5.00 for the re cycled teenager (hubby) which is a reasonable price. I would recommend a good 3 hours to walk around. It appeared wheelchair friendly, and also had plenty of free parking.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We got here early on a very hot day and it was already getting busy. There is so much to see and it is well organised..Go to Hut 1 and follow through to each building in order. Each of the original huts, built by prisoners of war showed a different aspect of the war. And what good and interesting detail there is, objects, photos, atmospheric sound ( and smells !) In the grounds were various war machines like tanks, military vehicles and planes...a lot to get around.
The cafe ( NAFFI) was good value with plenty of choice.
My wife suffered from the heat on a day at 30 degrees and the staff went out of their way to help by opening up the First Aid Room ( cool, dark and restful) and letting her lie in the cool for a while. They were so helpful and caring, a credit to the organisation.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 20, 2013

absolutely brilliant day but I took a 3 year old... the huts were too dark and noisy for her which I understand and is not a criticism. However, there are no little rides for children which is all she kept asking for, hence a shortened visit to go to the coast and find a ride. The children's play area is great and we spent a lot of time there but there are no swings which again is all I got asked for. The entrance price is amazing value and maybe its just not set up for the younger ones as everyone else had a fantastic time. I would highly recommend this for a great day out.