“JC-Beverley, Excellent”

The Market Place Wine Bar & Bistro, Malton
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a friendly bunch open Tuesday to Saturday daily serving locally roasted coffee, delicious homemade cakes, breakfast & lunch. . We are also open on Friday & Saturday evenings for evening meals and cocktails.
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have been to this place many times on an evening and always find the food superb.
The decor has a contemporary yet historic feel to it and is very clean.
When I have been during the day for a coffee and cake, the place has a very relaxed feel to it, and the staff are very courteous and yet not in your face like some places.
When I have visited on an evening the atmosphere changes and has a somewhat elegant feel to it. If you are in the area it is well worth a try.

york12, Owner at The Market Place Wine Bar & Bistro, Malton, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am really pleased you enjoy what we offer. We no longer open evenings other than private bookings, however we are currently reviewing our opening hours and they will be updated on our website.

There are newer reviews for The Market Place Wine Bar & Bistro, Malton

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We were in the area on a short break and picked this place after reviews on this site. Can say we were not disappointed. We did find the menu slightly lacking in choice but was good quality and well presented.Our friend is a Tea fenatic as was impressed with the tea selection and the knowledge of the staff to recommend different varieties. This place as an informal sitting area to the rear and normal table and chairs arrangement to the front so would be a great place for a relaxing cup of coffee.

For a small market place Bistro we found the toilets to be excellant and obviously well looked after.

If you are in the area please try this place out

1  Thank TheWildCats

Thank you for your review. I am really pleased you enjoyed your visit. As we are currently not open evenings we run a smaller menu than we used to but if you would like something which is not on the menu we will alway try our best to accommodate as we are luck enough to have fantastic local shops full of fresh produce all around us. I am really pleased your friend enjoyed the loose leaf tea selection. Chloe and I are really love trying different ones and we are a little obsessed now!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I recently popped into the market place with the wife and baby for tea and cake, nice atmosphere and good service. Great to see it open during the week now, will definitely be back to sample the full menu.

1  Thank cnatt

Thank you for your review. We are open Monday to saturday 9 to 5. We serve food all day and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We have been twice in two weeks excellent food and excellent service,if you are In Malton you must try it.

1  Thank BrianA3788
york12, Owner at The Market Place Wine Bar & Bistro, Malton, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am so pleased you enjoy visiting and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Tanya Hawkins

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We live in Malton and we called in for lunch on 31 Jan 2013, quite on impulse. We were far from disappointed, We enjoyed to the food and ambience. Excellent and at an entirely reasonable price. We both had a sea food risotto and a glass of sauvignon blanc, followed by coffee (americano with hot milk) for one of us, pot opf tea for the other.

We sat at the rear of the restaurant where we enjoyed three large picture of flowers (impressionist in form) set against a maurve background - good taste and most relaxing. What more could one ask for?

We will go again/

1  Thank Dr A J W
york12, Owner at The Market Place Wine Bar & Bistro, Malton, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you for your excellent review. Chloe and I really enjoyed meeting and talking to you and your wife. I am glad you liked the picture in the garden as I had to fight to get my husband to agree to buy it, and it is my favourite picture!!! We look forward to your next visit.
Chloe & Tanya