$115
Yew Tree Farm(Congleton)
$85
$85
TripAdvisor
All reviewsafternoon tealovely hotelsmall hotelboutique hoteldeluxe roomthe hotel is cleanthe young ladybed was very comfortablebaby showerlovely gardenfull english breakfastnothing is too much troublebusiness triplovely roomstayed here for two nightstown centrebreakfast was excellent
Reviewed September 15, 2013

What a lovely hotel,just spent one night here for a birthday night away from home and it was lovely.the room was spacious and clean as was the ensuite,all the staff were very friendly and helpful.we liked the idea of the pass keys to get in and out if the main entrance was closed.the bed was really comfy and even though we had the room which is next door to the kitchen it wasn't that noisy and we had a view of a courtyard and water fountain which was lovely.breakfast was nice freshly made to order.would definatly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Poppypeanut1
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Service good, Rooms good, Catering (abysmal)

looks like I am not the only one to feel the need to warn others about this hotels appalling dining service. Not a place I would like to stay at in the near future, sadly. I did appreciate the staff who were very helpful and followed instructions and the room was also as I would expect.

But the biggest let-down was their restaurant service which was a JOKE. Firstly I have driven all the way up from a job in Milton Keynes through some nasty traffic, so really all I was looking for was something like a mixed grill or something like cod and chips before I turned in... simple stuff you would have thought, but not for this hotel.

My first impression was mixed, I was the only person there, which says a lot about the place, however the tables were very nice, and the interior décor was very splendid. But when I looked at their menu (http://www.thealexandracourt.com/#/a-la-carte/4557364491) I was disappointed about the overall lack of choice... secondly I questioned the waitress about the phenomenally priced steak dish (£25.99) as it had no weight advertised on it whatsoever. In the end she came back to me and said it was 8oz, which to me is shocking and outrageous, so quickly opted for something else.

I then asked for the Port Loin, but then after the waitress informed me they didn't have it. Sighing and almost deciding to dial a pizza, I bit my tongue and decided to go with the venison, which was available.

After waiting for what seemed like an eternity, my meal eventually arrived. I could instantly see this was one of those overpriced arty-farty places, where they like to make meals pretty, and decorate them with random [--] and charge extortionate prices for them.

Even the tiny bottles of coke were £1.70 each so after having one of those, I decided it would be prudent to ask for tap-water. I ate the meal as quickly as possible in order to get to my room fast, I really didn't enjoy the whole experience. I just wanted to get to bed.

Despite the issues with the pathetic restaurant, the room was otherwise fine, and the staff were helpful. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they decided to order pizza while they stay there. that should give them a little hint.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Adam K
markslinger, General Manager at The Alexandra Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Sir

Firstly thank you taking the time to place a review, we appreciate any and all feedback

Im sorry you felt the food offering at the time of your stay was not to your expectations, im afraid due to your stay being just short of 12 months ago i may find it hard to investigate this matter further due to the extent of time lapsed until your review.
I am sorry that you did not agree with our pricing structure but all prices are clearly stated on menus and in the entrance to the restaurant, as are drink prices in the bar so it seems confusing you were not aware of the cost before ordering.
If you had requested a simple meal as you stated you wanted im sure we could have helped with that request, again if these issues are not raised at the time we cannot act on them and resolve them and its left to words on a website to try and resolve outstanding issues, we always prefer to have face to face communication with our customers where possible and i would have only too happy to talk to you at the time or shortly after to arrange a suitable solution for you.

Judging by the crossed out profanity and the statement of anger from you i can see this stay caused you great upset emotionally and again i would have preferred to deal with this at the time not a year later via a website but i am sorry for any stress or anger the menu choice or costings may have caused you, there are several eateries in the areas that serve a more standard food offering including a two for one pub that may have suited your requirements better, and again these would have been offered to you if asked rather the obvious torment of dining on site you suffered in the hotel.
I would be happy to answer any further related issues or questions directly with you by email or phone on 01260 297871 or markslinger@thealexandracourt.com

Mark Slinger - General Manager

Reviewed September 8, 2013

A lovely little hotel. I had a room overlooking the garden. Comfortable bed and immaculate bathroom. Very friendly owners and a lovely breakfast in the garden in the morning. Excellent location if you want to see Little Moreton Hall.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phoebe827
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We have just spent the weekend at the Alexandra Court to celebrate 2 special birthdays. We were a party of ten adults and Catherine, Jodie and all the staff were welcoming, helpful and attentive. The private dining, organised by Christine, was excellent. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and the atmosphere relaxed. Thank you to all for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael D
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed two nights at the Alexandra Court Hotel. It has been converted from an elegant historic house, and retains its beautiful garden. It is very good value for money (a full English breakfast is included) in lovely surroundings. The receptionist was welcoming and helpful, showing us personally to our room and telling us to call for anything we might need. The rooms are small, with too much furniture, but they are stylishly furnished in a manner which suits the historic building. Our room had a spacious en suite bathroom.
I was disappointed to see a negative and rude review of this hotel in a recent post.... it so clearly does not describe the Alexandra Court I can only assume it has been written in a deliberately malicious way. I hope other readers will ignore it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple