All reviews afternoon tea lovely hotel small hotel boutique hotel the hotel is clean the young lady baby shower bed was very comfortable lovely garden business trip three rooms bridal suite nothing is too much trouble stayed here for two nights lovely room town centre breakfast was excellent
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We are fairly regular visitors to Congleton and this time we took a chance on the Alexandra Court. We are so pleased we did. Tucked away off the main road this is a very pleasantly appointed smaller hotel. The receptionists were both very friendly and helpful and, together with the lovely rooms and full English breakfast, ensured our return.

Room Tip: We had room 7 that, I have to admit, didn't have any sort of view. But we were only there for one night and the room was lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sean C
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed at the hotel in July 2013 for one night.

I booked online which was quick and easy. The hotel is easy to find with parking at the front and rear. I stayed in a single room which is very small but comfortable. The bathroom was small so it was a bit tight to move around! The hotel was very clean and well decorated. The garden was lovely and I sat outside in the evening and worked. The wifi is free and available throughout the hotel. There is even a little library on the first floor! I had the breakfast the next morning which was really nice. The staff were all very polite.

I will be staying there again

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank steele77
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We didn't have high expectations, but found this hotel to be one of our favourites of our month long trip. It is clean, pretty, comfortable, spacious and relaxing. The staff, although all very young, were excellent, all polite and very professional. Nothing was too much to ask.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SydneyVanessa
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My daughter and myself stayed at The Alexandra Court on Friday night for a one night stop over, on arrival the receptionist was very pleasant polite & immediately went to find out if our rooms were available, which they were and she escorted us to them explaining the layout of the hotel & breakfast times along the way.
Our rooms were very nice (Rooms 14 & 15). The rooms are very clean & well fitted out, if anything a little too much furniture, the bed was very comfortable & the room quiet & overlooking the gardens. The en-suite shower room to my room was very spacious & spotlessly clean, with a nice powerful shower which some hotels often lack. My daughters room had a bath & shower & again everything was very clean & comfortable. The only negative thing I could come up with during our stay was the lack of alternatives for breakfast, for me it was fine as I enjoy a cooked English breakfast, but for my daughter the choice was very limited, she enjoys croissants & pastries as part of her breakfast which have always been on offer at other hotels of this type & rating but sadly not here, so for her breakfast was disappointing.
The staff at the hotel are very polite & welcoming, especially the young lady on reception during our stay. Overall it was a very pleasant stay & would certainly have no hesitation in booking the hotel again for another stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DaveL000001
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed at this hotel just for the one night. We were attending a wedding a mile or so down the road.It was an ideal location for this purpose. Our room (9) faced the back lawn so was nice and quiet. The room was a little crammed with furniture and the shower in the ensuite was tiny, but we were comfortable for the night. Staff were friendly and helpful and offered to book us taxis to and from the wedding.
Breakfast was a good meal and set us up for our onward journey to West Wales.
A good place for an overnight stay so location perfect for us. We did not, however, explore the area and so cannot comment on any local attractions.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple