All reviewsafternoon tealovely hotelsmall hotelboutique hotelthe hotel is cleanthe young ladybed was very comfortablebaby showerlovely gardenbridal suitebusiness tripnothing is too much troublelovely roomtown centrestayed here for two nightsbreakfast was excellentsecond to none
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We didn't have high expectations, but found this hotel to be one of our favourites of our month long trip. It is clean, pretty, comfortable, spacious and relaxing. The staff, although all very young, were excellent, all polite and very professional. Nothing was too much to ask.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SydneyVanessa
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My daughter and myself stayed at The Alexandra Court on Friday night for a one night stop over, on arrival the receptionist was very pleasant polite & immediately went to find out if our rooms were available, which they were and she escorted us to them explaining the layout of the hotel & breakfast times along the way.
Our rooms were very nice (Rooms 14 & 15). The rooms are very clean & well fitted out, if anything a little too much furniture, the bed was very comfortable & the room quiet & overlooking the gardens. The en-suite shower room to my room was very spacious & spotlessly clean, with a nice powerful shower which some hotels often lack. My daughters room had a bath & shower & again everything was very clean & comfortable. The only negative thing I could come up with during our stay was the lack of alternatives for breakfast, for me it was fine as I enjoy a cooked English breakfast, but for my daughter the choice was very limited, she enjoys croissants & pastries as part of her breakfast which have always been on offer at other hotels of this type & rating but sadly not here, so for her breakfast was disappointing.
The staff at the hotel are very polite & welcoming, especially the young lady on reception during our stay. Overall it was a very pleasant stay & would certainly have no hesitation in booking the hotel again for another stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DaveL000001
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed at this hotel just for the one night. We were attending a wedding a mile or so down the road.It was an ideal location for this purpose. Our room (9) faced the back lawn so was nice and quiet. The room was a little crammed with furniture and the shower in the ensuite was tiny, but we were comfortable for the night. Staff were friendly and helpful and offered to book us taxis to and from the wedding.
Breakfast was a good meal and set us up for our onward journey to West Wales.
A good place for an overnight stay so location perfect for us. We did not, however, explore the area and so cannot comment on any local attractions.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jude41045
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I am writing this sat in my room here. In a chair by the window which overlooks the lovely garden. The room is very nicely decorated with individual pieces, nice wallpaper etc. I think this would be a lovely place to stay for a romantic weekend.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed May 30, 2013

4 of us 92 rooms) stayed in late May. The rooms were excellent, very good space really good quality fitting. The bathroom was a delight with loads of fresh clean towels.
We were met by I think the owners parents who were wonderful, loads of info on the area, directions to our restaurant and taxi bookings as well.
Breakfast was really good quality with loads to choose and freshly cooked. If you sta here you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Room 4 with bath and shower was great.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends