All reviewsafternoon tealovely hotelsmall hotelboutique hotelthe hotel is cleanthe young ladybed was very comfortablebaby showerlovely gardenbridal suitebusiness tripnothing is too much troublelovely roomtown centrestayed here for two nightsbreakfast was excellentsecond to none
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently visited this hotel for its restaurant and was very impressed. The food was flavourful and cooked perfectly along with excellent and friendly service finished off with an excellent espresso all in a beautiful building filled with character.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is the second time we've stayed at this hotel. It is tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. We had a deluxe room with a HUGE and comfy bed. Breakfast is a proper full English and very tasty! Staff are very friendly and extremely helpful. Thank you for another lovely stay Alexandra Court! Would definitely stay again and would not hesitate to recommend to others.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are lovely
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed last weekend, treated our selves to superior room, which was lovely. Huge bed very comfortable, great decor just what i like. We were leaving before breakfast following morning and asked if we could have some bacon and sausage sarnies to start us up for the day, and sure enough they were waiting for us when we got down stairs, and very nice they were too!
Lady asked if we needed any information about parking in chester and were very helpful. Didnt have a chance to eat in the restaurant but it did look appealing. Breakfast was very nice the next day and would def recommend a stay. Only 2 little gripes there was no bottled water in the room, there was a card telling you all about the water but no actual bottle, and we had room in front of hotel on main road which was noisy and people walking back late at night being very loud, but you cant blame hotel for that. If in chester area again will definitly staying at the alexandra .

Room Tip: Room 5 in front of hotel and can be noisy
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I booked direct two weeks in advance and the receptionist was really helpful (I was booking a total of 3 rooms) and it was a reasonably complicated booking. This is a small family style hotel, the staff were really friendly and I was shown to our room (17) which is accessible via the breakfast room. The room was cosy and comfortable, we had no problem sleeping.

A few issues - it would seem the boiler for the hotel is directly behind the bathroom wall and this woke me on a few occasions. The kitchen is right next to the bedroom window, the clatter in the morning also woke me up. However I was woken for the third time when an alarm within the hotel went off. I found out this related to someone leaving via the front door before any staff were about, not sure why alarmed.

Breakfast was superb but the room is a little cramped, with apologies being made to the next table when getting up due to bashing chairs.

In all stay was ok but room 17 leads to a disruptive sleep.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I went to the hotel for a birthday meal last Friday. I was very impressed by how the staff made us both feel very special and welcome. Katherine and Hannah are an asset to the hotel and I wish them well in their career.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends