“number one”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2014

we visited the bon o phool recently and it was excellent from start to finish. The food served was piping hot and absolutely devine, I wish I could dine there every day, we also received a free side dish for us to try, sag aloo, very nice. The staff were attentive and very knowledgeable but not obtrusive. The manager was chatty and very friendly and seemed very genuine. There was no rush for us to leave the restaurant once we had finished our meal, the manager was quite happy for us to stay and chat over a drink or two, we will definitely be returning very soon to Congleton's hidden gem.

1  Thank Michelle B

Reviewed January 16, 2014

My son and myself love curry and eat together once a week. We have tried many, many different restaurants, locally and in the wider area looking for the perfect venue. Well, I have to say that without doubt Bon-o-Phool is a winner by miles when it comes to food, just perfect. Add to this their outstanding friendliness and top service, Bingo!. We are now Bon-o-Phool regulars and the food and service is consistently excellent, not just a 'one off'. We recently took wives, and even young grandchildren and they were impressed. Trouble is, young granddaughter wants to come now all the time!!. If you are a curry lover, it's a must.

1  Thank George H
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

We decieded to dine here as we needed a change from the other congleton tandooris .
We all know this place had gone downhill over a period of time.
But holy wow! It was fantastic, the food was superb along with the service.
Then it all clicked into place:juber akhter a old face from ten years was back in charge!
Enough said.
Stevie wright( Congletionan )

1  Thank stephen w
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I'm not usually one to enjoy an indian, not because of the style, I love the food.. usually down to the execution!

I was a little reticent about Bon o Phool as several friends had commented on its fall from grace, however having read a few reviews on here I figured I had an understanding as to why they were of that opinion, and crucially why it may be better now.

I'm glad I did try, whilst the restaurant was very quiet (something I'm sure the returning managers attentions will swiftly resolve) the food delivered was without doubt the best indian I've had outside of Londons Michelin Stared locales.

I asked the (very attentive and cheerfully chatty) manager for his reccomendation on a Lamb dish, and what arrived was simply amazing. I've grown used to lamb being tough, or tasteless in indians, however this lamb melted in the mouth and was very moreish!

I had chips to accompany (my dining companion had the more traditional rice and was equally as impressed) and they were spot on, crisp and every so slightly crunchy, but perfectly soft in the middle.

To top it all off the service was second to none.

I will definitely be returning

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Bon O Phool is a little hidden gem! It's been around for a while but a recent refurb. and the return of an excellent manager coupled with very tasty, authentic Indian food at a reasonable price has catapulted Bon O Phool to easily being one of the best Indians in the North West! The staff are so attentive and the menu is really varied and caters for almost everyone! The other thing that is nice is that the atmosphere is just a nice combination of relaxed but special making it ideal for couples, families or larger groups of friends. I will most definitely go back and recommending it to all my friends and family.

1  Thank joloulees