“Succulent steaks all round”
Review of Brownlow Inn

Brownlow Inn
Ranked #4 of 89 Restaurants in Congleton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2013

An excellent meal at The Brownlow - always a good sign when you struggle to book a table 24 hours before going on a mid-week night! Took a friend, our son and his girlfriend. We all like our steaks done differently, from rare to medium rare, to medium, and each one was cooked to perfection. Never ceases to amaze me how my son finishes off the Carpet Bagger each time we go as it's a steak and a half!
Price is what you would expect to pay for a well cooked, well presented meal. Service is always excellent so we left a well deserved tip for the very pleasant and accommodating staff. All the diners looked happy, relaxed and well looked after. Always a pleasure to eat here.

1  Thank Angela L

Reviewed August 21, 2013

To late!!!
When trying to book for a sat night we needed to give 3 weeks notice. So that must mean the food is good
We arrived at 0700pm on a sat and the place was booked solid and the inn is not in the easiest place to find in the sticks a bit.

Great food the steaks are fantastic

Will we come again yep sure will but need to advance book

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had a fantastic evening here as a VERY large party of 30+ people and the staff were all fantastic and very lovely, form the waitresses to the bar staff - couldn't fault them at all!

The menu is large but there are only 2 Veggie options the usual Veggie Lasagne and a Pasta Bake one which partner had I had the other, I asked if it came with salad as well as the option of chips or a jacket potato and the answer was no, it literally was a carb fest!!

The food was lovely, very hot and not microwaved BUT please can some thought be given to veggies????!!!

On an extensive meaty and fishy menu it would NOT be difficult to add a couple more veggie options!

Had a lovely time but it was a stodgy meal!!

678mark, Owner at Brownlow Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Purplepeopleeater

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about the Brownlow on Trip Advisor. Your review is not 100% accurate and I hope you do not mind me pointing out the errors.

We actually have three vegetarian dishes on the menu and not two.

The reason for only having three dishes is as follows;

In 2012 we had five vegetarian dishes available, total main courses sold in 2012 was 52 675, vegetarian dishes sold were 1251 out of the 52 675, (2.4%) or put in a daily context 3 vegetarian meals per day.

Our vegetarian dishes are all homemade and it was heartbreaking to have to throw dishes in the bin that had passed the shelf life due to the lack of vegetarians visiting our establishment. I therefore made the decision to reduce the offering from 5 dishes to 3 in April 2013 as we are what we are, a Grill House, and with only 3 vegetarians on average visiting us per day a choice of three dishes surely should suffice.

With regard to other side dishes being included with your meal unfortunatley side dishes are charged just like a side of onion rings are charged for. If a customer would like to swap one for another eg salad instead of chips or veg instead of a Jacket then this is always accomodated and is normal practice at The Brownlow. In your case your partner could have had the veg instead of the chips and you could of kept with chips or even swapped for a salad. You could of shared eachothers sides resulting in a far less stodgy meal as you have described and without an extra penny being spent. Far from RUBBISH I think.

Mark Taylor

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary here this evening...Pleasant welcome by staff who were all well trained:attentive, but not intrusive. Wine was served at correct temperature which made such a refreshing change, and food was well presented and delicious. We are not regulars, even though we are relatively local, this was our first visit, but the ambience is such that it will not be our last. My last dining out experience was at Indigo in Birmingham, and I can assure you that you will be better fed and attended to at The Brownlow Inn than you would there.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The Brownlow Inn is my favourite place to eat in the area and I have always found my meals to be top quality & great value, service is friendly & efficient and there is always a pleasant atmosphere around the place.
My personal favourite is the steaks that are always brilliant and the portions are generous.
The directors of the company I work for recently had a board meeting in the area and I had no hesitation to recommend trying the Brownlow for food, the were extremely impressed! There were 15 of us (12 of which order a variety of steaks) and they were all served at the same time a cooked perfectly.They enjoyed it so much that since then they always choose the Brownlow for a meal whenever they're in the area.
If you haven't been yet you must go and visit, you won't be disappointed.
Keep up the excellent work Mark & the staff.

M Westrup