“Splendid pub!”

The Rising Sun Country Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 90 Restaurants in Congleton
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Rising Sun is situated in the beautiful Cheshire Countryside only a short distance (200 yards) from the Macclesfield Canal at bridge No 87 and the Gritstone Trail. We offer Homecooked Food plus 6 Real Ales and a warm welcome, we can be found in the Good Beer Guide.Multi Award Winning Pub.
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The best pub for beer & food that I know of within reasonable travelling distance (I'm Alsager based). Wade, Colleen and their team do a fabulous job. Very friendly pub.
Excellent food! Can't get enough of the Mike Doig Sausages & Egg, or the Steak 'n' Ale pie... or the giant Cod... It's a nuisance trying to decide what to have!
Infact... it's 18:27 as I write this. I'll be there by 19:00 for a few pints of Marstons and.. one of the above.

1  Thank GoldleafStrat
Wade73, Owner at The Rising Sun Country Pub & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Thanks for the great review it makes us all feel like the hard work is worth it when we get such positive feed back. Once again a big thank you from all the team.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Glad I had phoned and booked a table as the place was packed, but we had a smallish table in the bar for the 4 of us, steaks all round, and all very tender and tasty, home made chips as a treat, veg a bit uninspiring, but perfectly cooked and presented, a good range of good cask beer with great table service from the staff, I didn't fancy dancing around a packed bar with 4 drinks. It's not on the beaten track so make sure you have your sat nav, parking was in short supply and it was pouring down so it might have gotten 5.

1  Thank Jim C

Thank you for the positive review it is most welcome, sorry about the parking I will continue to hound the brewery into buying the land next door so that we may extend our parking. We are glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

A great find with really friendly staff, good beer and excellent food. We turned up at the end of a tiring day on the canal having passed up on a pub only half an hour before and were greeted warmly and shown to a table. The food was excellent and arrived quickly.

Wade73, Owner at The Rising Sun Country Pub & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you so much for the lovely review, we are so glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope you will call in again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were looking for a cosy pub for a Sunday roast and came across the rising sun. When first entering we were welcomed by the friendly staff and seated.
The food was gorgeous and excellent value for money. The portions were very generous and we left feeling very satisfied.
I would defiantly recommend this to anyway for a cosy warm traditional pub atmosphere.

1  Thank Nataylorx
Wade73, Owner at The Rising Sun Country Pub & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for your kind words, we are pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I found this pub by chance looking around on Trip Advisor for somewhere to eat one Friday evening. The dining area isn't huge so I was glad I had bothered to book a table as it was quite busy. The pub has a traditional British pub feel and obviously has a regular clientèle, which is not surprising as the food choice is excellent and very competitively priced. There is a good vegetarian selection,and both my companion and I had veggie options which were interesting and tasty (and neither of them included pasta!). Thatchers Gold was on draught - which is always very acceptable!

The pub isn't on the canal, but it isn't far away so it is easy to take a stroll along it after a meal - this is the sort of place I would take visiting friends to for a relaxed meal with good food.

1  Thank glowing_cactus
Wade73, Owner at The Rising Sun Country Pub & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for your very kind words everyone here at the Rising Sun really appreciates it greatly and we are always blown away by some the lovely comments made on tripadvisor by visitors to our small pub, we hope to see you again soon.