“Delivery”

Franco's
Ranked #10 of 34 Restaurants in Dalkeith
Reviewed December 2, 2017 via mobile

Dont order from here

I phoned to make an order and was told 1 hour. 2plus hours now and i called to ask how much longer, was told it hadn’t left the shop and he had no idea how longer, no discount was offered or anything. Just rude and lack of customer service.

1  Thank 91,188

Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

We've been going regularly for about 3 years and always get special fish and chips. The fish size is the biggest we've ever had and they are always whales! They have a tendency to overcook the fish which just ruins it as there's nothing worse than eating dry fish! Chips can be fresh, chunky and dry and other times you get rubbish wee bits that seem quite greasy. It's always busy and pizzas and kebabs look good. As I'm always waiting about 10 mins fir my special fish being cooked I get to see other food!

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Having worked 9 hours on my feet last Friday I arrived home exhausted and really did not relish cooking tea. My kind husband offered to drive the 11 miles to Franco's in Dalkeith for a 'fish supper'. Wow! Absolutely delicious and at only £5.50 a portion it was fantastic value-not only because the the haddock batter was light and golden and tasted delicious the haddock so beautifully and freshly cooked, melt in the mouth and so white ; but the chips were really lovely also, not dried up and re-heated as sadly many so many are. It was a truly and lovely treat and a delight.

Reviewed August 17, 2017

That's the last time I order anything from Franco's in Dalkeith. Ordered a munchy box and the Donner meat they name in their description as one of the items received in this munchy box consisted of 7 scabby wee scraps and a few burnt curls that looked like they came from the bottom of the tin, and when I phoned to complain I was basically just told that that's all I was getting because you don't get much Donner meat in a munchy box, there is a huge difference between not getting much and getting 7 scabby scraps! I have ordered plenty from there up until now but NEVER AGAIN!!

Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in Dalkeith as I was hungry, choice of Franco's or a pizzeria across the road. Happy that I picked Franco's as the chips were freshly cooked and the fillet of haddock was delicious. So much so that I went back and bought another fish supper for my son who I was off to collect. I shall return.