Tripadvisor
Dalkeith

“I ordered online for the takeaway”

The Cavaliere Ristorante & Wine Bar
Ranked #4 of 35 Restaurants in Dalkeith
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Cavaliere Ristorante & Wine Bar has been established in 1968 by the Crolla family. We offer an excellent range of Italian dishes, from a pizza baked in our wood-fired oven, our home-made pasta selection, steaks, chicken, veal to our wonderful fish specials. We use only the finest ingredients- many of them imported from Italy. We pride ourselves in giving the highest quality of service to all, with our passionate team. Voted best place for families and best independent Italian restaurant in the 2019 food and drink Italian Awards and Papa Awards , come give us a try - you won't be disappointed!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I ordered online for the takeaway part of this restaurant. They wouldn’t honour the discount I was meant to get.

The pizza was soggy, the peppers in it slimy. The chips were ok but hugely overpriced for the portion size.

I won’t be back.

Date of visit: January 2020
tonycZ1661IX, Owner at The Cavaliere Ristorante & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Dave B,

We are sorry to hear that.

We started a new order system with a third company, less than a week now, giving to all our new and usual costumers, 20% discount for your first order and you can get a free Meal every 11th order…

A technical glitch only applied 10%, when should have been 20%.

We will sort the other 10% as soon as possible.

We look forward to your reply to which we will hopefully rectify this complaint.

Kind regards

Write a reviewReviews (364)

Reviewed January 9, 2020 via mobile

Visited recently for my granddaughters 2nd birthday, the staff all made a HUGE fuss of her, which she loved, I had pate, then carbonara which I could not finish as portions were so large, at the end the staff brought the birthday girl ice cream with a huge sparkler which she loved. As an ex chef I can say all the food was excellent as was the service, absolutely delicious.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I visited the restaurant tonight and thought the food was excellent. The staff were very friendly and the service was very quick. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 9, 2019 via mobile

Arrived recently for my nieces 16th birthday meal to a lovely warm reception from all the staff.Had a wonderful meal and my family enjoyed all the food and service. My niece especially loved her pineapple topped mock tail and thought her birthday meal was ace.
Recommend the salty caramel profiteroles and here is a picture of them from a previous visit

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 10, 2019 via mobile

We stumbled across this place quite by accident looking for somewhere to have a late breakfast. Never been to Dalkeith before we saw this place but was worried as the place was empty. An hour later we came out staying well that place took us by surprise didn’t it. Extremely helpful, friendly service and such good value for meal. A full breakfast with a basket of toast, scrambled egg on toast, latte and a pot of tea all for under £15. Could not recommend this place enough - the scrambled egg I have had for a long time. We are determined to return one evening for dinner.

Date of visit: November 2019