“Very nice, great staff, great food”
Review of Cheribourg Hotel

Cheribourg Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Orford
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Just spent 1 night at this property and I loved it !

Just beside Mont Orford great nature setting. The rooms are spacious but basic, no extended cable but you don't go there to watch TV ! Front desk staff super friendly and helpful. I only had dinner there but what a dinner ! The food was excellent cooked to perfection and presentation was amazing ! The staff at the dining room were great and knew the menu inside out !

Great place for family and business !

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our family reunion is at the Cheribourg every year. The hotel is convenient for all family members to attend and they provide us with special amenities for the group. The staff is polite and helpful. The rooms clean. The area, near Magog, is a nice in summer and winter with many restaurants and shops in Magog. The pool is great for kids. We've never tried the spa. Don't expect a bar scene here. The hotel seems to host a lot of weddings, at least while our group is there. The hotel is good for group functions. I would say the downside of the hotel is the quality of the food. The hotel is pleasant, the staff is pleasant but the hotel could use some refreshing of the interiors.

Room Tip: The have rooms large rooms in the main building which and smaller detached buildings with townhouse...
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Every room comes with a balcony. Rates are good considering the location. Close to Magog and Orford for skiing. Rooms are big and clean. Rooms could use a little reno but it is still fine. The breakfast buffet is expensive but has a nice variety of food for everyone.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are more quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We went because of the preceding reviews, and we got just what we had hoped for: yes, the video games and the ping pong and pool tables were very much appreciated, but so were the much-better-than-the-ordinary buffet breakfasts. A few things that came as happy surprises to us: the staff was friendly and helpful and efficient; the restaurant menu had a good mix of simple and fancy food, prepared well; we could ride our bikes right from the hotel to terrific trails. The place does show some wear, but it also shows some signs of being well cared for, and it's big enough so that, for instance, the kids' play area is far from the rooms. The surrounding area is gorgeous.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on my way to Maine, I had read the recent good reviews and the hotel lived up to expectations.

Great for kids - they have a fantastic entertainment room with a huge structure, game tables, video games, etc which was great to entertain my kids and burn off energy.

The room was clean, quiet and just what I needed to get a good rest. I had requested a crib and usually expect to not have it in the room and have to ask a few times to get it if at all. At this hotel, the crib was in the room, with extra sheets and blanket.

The restaurant in the hotel was great, good service good food, cater to the kids.

Overall, I would recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Lenita S
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We have just returned from our stay at Hotel Cheribourg and we have officially found our favorite vacation spot!! I am the type to love all inclusive resorts down south and I never thought I could find something better close to home. This was better than cuba or Mexico!

First off, this is a "Destination Famille" hotel, which means you will LOVE your stay with the kids, but if you are planning for a romantic getaway, I would stay clear of this hotel. Opt for Manoir des Sables instead.

This hotel allows you to have a 5 star service, while allowing your kids to be kids. Fine dining, while it's completely acceptable for you to breastfeed, or for your kids to be loud and run around the place. Where can you honestly enjoy a delicious three-course-meal WITH your kids??? But if you are going as a couple, prepare for a not-so-quiet meal, especially before 8pm. The food is absolutely delicious! Everything on the menu is high quality food and all ingredients are paired together perfectly. Plus, our kids (1 and 3 yrs) got to eat for free. Breakfast buffet was also delicious. Plenty for every taste: eggs any style (just ask your waiter), waffles and mickey mouse pancakes for the kids :)

The rooms are very roomy. The housekeeping service is efficient and personified. I love how the housekeeper put my son's slippers on his stuffed animal's feet. Cute!

The amenities are a great plus!! The play room has everything for your kids (and you too) to enjoy. We had lots of fun in both pools, hot tub and paddle boating on their pond. We forgot to check out their farm animals, but will remember to do so during our next stay there. The outdoor park is for older kids - i'd say 5 and up... Something I especially loved was having alcoholic beverages served at the pool (outside). All other canadian hotels I've been to would not allow alcoholic beverages around the pool, so I thought this allowed for an even more relaxing stay.

The hotel staff is very available and attentionate. They can read your needs before you can even think or express them.

It's true: the hotel looks a little old, but it was perfect for us. It felt even more like a trip down south. And it felt simple - we love simple... just so much homier. Don't get me wrong: it is a very clean hotel.

Babysitting service is also available to allow you to have some romantic time alone.

On the down side: it is not very accessible and I promise you will have to take the stairs at one time or another, no matter which floor you are staring on.

Room Tip: 1. When you book here, remember to ask for the fidelity card. It is free and gives you 10% off your...
1  Thank Alexxja
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We have been there twice with the family (4 nights total), and our kids absolutely love this place. They enjoy the swimming pools, the mini farm, and the indoor gym where they could stay for days (bouncy castle, jungle gym, arts and crafts, video games, movie theater, pool, ping pong and more!). The rest of the hotel is nothing to rave about, but it is spacious and comfortable and the food and service is good. It is one of few places that can accommodate our family of 5 in the same room. Buffet breakfast is as expected. If I had only the room to go by, it would probably seem a bit overpriced, but once you add all the kids’ amenities, it’s worth it.

Room Tip: With independent kids, I would recommend a room with a patio door on the ground level for quick acce...
1  Thank JulieVacances
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orford
Espace 4 Saisons
Hotel du Parc Orford
#6 of 7 in Orford
Hotel & Spa Etoile-sur-le-Lac
Ripplecove Lakefront Hotel and Spa

Been to Cheribourg Hotel? Share your experiences!