Fraoch Lodge
The Boat Hotel(Boat of Garten)
$110
TripAdvisor
$287
$152
$125
The Mountview Hotel(Nethy Bridge)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsporridgehome cookingother guestslight breakfastwalking holidayopen firecooked breakfastpacked lunchdrying roomhomemade jamsguest kitchenperfect baseroom was spaciousan evening meallounge areaboat hotelrebecca
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed staying here for the night last weekend. Rebekka and Andy are truely passionate about what they do and offer great hospitality and delicious home cooked food to their customers! The facilities were very clean and the lounge was very cosy with the woodburn stove, library and comfy sofas.
My single room was fine. The room was very warm when I arrived (underfloor heating) but I just openend the window to get some fresh air in (it was freezing outside). Having my own wash basin was ideal. The bed was a bit short to my liking (I'm about 5'9") but the mattress was good, even better than some posh B & B or hotels have. I would definitely recommend this place to my outdoorsy friends and hope to come back some time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Rebsf1, Owner at Fraoch Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our house. We hope that you'll be back before the ski season is over though the whole club has been booked in for 2014.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

The ideal blend between a hostel and a bed and breakfast, I found the place very homely and our hosts very welcoming, friendly and accommodating (for example, putting a good breakfast together, including homemade, toasted bread, at 7am). Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Rebsf1, Owner at Fraoch Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

So kind of you to take the time to post a review for us. Sun, snow and blue skies at the moment. Perhaps the time for a return visit?

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed here in Dec 2012 and enjoyed a fantastic skiing weekend at the Cairngorms. Our twin bedded room was lovely and cosy with its own sink. We shared a shower room with another twin bedded room. The lounge was really comfortable, with an open fire and the shared dining room was also cosy with a wood burning stove. Rebecca, Andy and little Gregor made us very welcome and we enjoyed Rebecca's excellent cooking throughout the weekend. It was great to get Andy's advice on where to ski, and he gave us up to the minute weather forecasts. A great place to stay for an outdoorsy weekend, more like a B&B than a hostel.

Room Tip: Go for the twin bedded room upstairs. it's cosy with a good view of the distant mountains.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Hope you'll be back yourself in 2014 when your club has made a booking. I'd better think about a menu just in case; perhaps strawberry ice cream cake will be popular?

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights, with a group of 9 other cyclists. We were the only people staying at that time, so we had the house to ourselves. I stayed in the main house, in the triple room upstairs, which had use of a shower room shared with the double room across the corridor.
The bedrooms and shower rooms were warm, clean and comfortable.
Andy, who also arranges a variety of mountain/ walking tours, was a great host and a very interesting guy, who enjoys chatting with guests. Rebecca is in charge of the catering. We opted for evening meals and breakfast, which were good. A great place to stay with a large group of friends. Great value for money.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the main house.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2012

would reccomend a stay here very friendly and helpful owners, I spent 3 nights recently as part of a cycling group, we were made to feel very welcome, lovely warm comfortable rooms and delicious food, Andy the owner was a great host, the Froach Lodge is excellent value for money will definately make a return visit

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends