“Another great meal”

Anderson's Restaurant
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: WelcomeWhether you've something to celebrate, are at the end of a hard day's walking in the hills, or simply fancy a break from cooking at home, it is our wish at Anderson's that you all feel welcome. Forget pretence, the atmosphere here is relaxed and informal, so sit back, switch off, and savour the pleasure of great food and drink. Local Produce At Anderson's we are committed to using local Scottish produce when it is in season, so needless to say, our menu changes each month, along with our daily specials. Each dish is lovingly prepared and bought together in such a way as to bring out the very best of truly great, fresh ingredients. Although our menu is creative, our aim is simple, to present you with food that we are confident you will enjoy, and that tastes fantastic.Family Friendly The whole family is welcome at Anderson's, and it is important to us that everyone can tuck into something they will enjoy. So for children we can either offer half portions of anything on the menu, or for specific likes or dislikes, please feel comfortable to say, and the chef will be happy to come up with something to suit- within reason! Similarly please make us aware of any special dietary requirements you may have.“It’s great to see a restaurant like Andersons opening up in Boat of Garten. Owners Steve and Claire have put a huge amount of thought and effort into their set up, and their intended philosophy of utilizing the best of Scottish produce should be a real boost to the local restaurant scene. I wish them every success for the future.” Nick Nairn
“Another great meal”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

We live locally and booked last minute. I had lamb shank which was excellent, the kids all had the burger of the day and my wife had the sea food risotto they all thought their dishes were excellent.
Off course we will be back again. To be honest, there isn't anywhere in the locality that can compete! If Steve were in Inverness, he'd easily do 200 covers a night!

Thanks again for a special night :)

Visited October 2013

Kansas City, Missouri
“A Delightful Meal”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We wish we had had a longer stay in Boat of Garten so that we could have dined again at Anderson's. The food was delicious, the ambience friendly and charming, and service very good. You will be glad you dined there.

• Visited May 2013
Dundee, United Kingdom
“A Real Gem!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I hadn't booked & it was a Sunday eve so I dashed there from my B&B as close to their opening time of 6pm as I could manage. Although they were fully booked, they squeezed me in though they explained they would need the table by 7.30 - I assured them they could feed me & throw me out - being on my own I wouldn't have lingered anyway. I had 2 courses & coffee (the Vanilla & White Chocolate Crème Brulee was out of this world!). The cost was very reasonable too. It's a proper restaurant which takes it's food seriously & the service is superb but unpretentious. I am sometimes made to feel uncomfortable while eating out alone but not so at Anderson's. Don't pass it by - it's wonderful! I also took my sister there the following week as we were staying in Aviemore - she is vegetarian & I am gluten-free but they adapted dishes to suit - very impressed & will definitely visit again when next in the area. The staff are great too!

Visited September 2013
Perth and Kinross, United Kingdom
“A quality restaurant”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Whilst staying in the area we visited Andersons , having booked in advance which is often necessary because of its popularity. Great restaurant, friendly and helpful staff with a varied and excellent menu with a board showing plenty of specials. Food superb and reasonably priced. In all a great experience. We will return!

• Visited October 2013
Nottingham
“Cosy Restaurant - Traditional Food”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Dined with family for the first time on this trip, having previously wanted to eat there due to the limited choice of good restaurants serving traditional local food around Aviemore. Definitely worth the taxi ride to get there.
All the food was cooked fresh to order, you can see it being cooked from your seat. The whole party agreed all of the food chosen was very good.
The restaurant is cosy and has a lovely atmosphere, and the staff were welcoming and attentive. Would definitely go back.
Well done Anderson's.