“Fantastic”

Anderson's Restaurant
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: WelcomeWhether you've something to celebrate, are at the end of a hard day's walking in the hills, or simply fancy a break from cooking at home, it is our wish at Anderson's that you all feel welcome. Forget pretence, the atmosphere here is relaxed and informal, so sit back, switch off, and savour the pleasure of great food and drink. Local Produce At Anderson's we are committed to using local Scottish produce when it is in season, so needless to say, our menu changes each month, along with our daily specials. Each dish is lovingly prepared and bought together in such a way as to bring out the very best of truly great, fresh ingredients. Although our menu is creative, our aim is simple, to present you with food that we are confident you will enjoy, and that tastes fantastic.Family Friendly The whole family is welcome at Anderson's, and it is important to us that everyone can tuck into something they will enjoy. So for children we can either offer half portions of anything on the menu, or for specific likes or dislikes, please feel comfortable to say, and the chef will be happy to come up with something to suit- within reason! Similarly please make us aware of any special dietary requirements you may have.“It’s great to see a restaurant like Andersons opening up in Boat of Garten. Owners Steve and Claire have put a huge amount of thought and effort into their set up, and their intended philosophy of utilizing the best of Scottish produce should be a real boost to the local restaurant scene. I wish them every success for the future.” Nick Nairn
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This small restaurant is unprepossessing from the outside but serves absolutely wonderful food and has a buzzy, friendly atmosphere inside. We returned 3 times in one week whilst on holiday in Boat of Garten. Suggest booking to avoid missing this treat! Thoroughly recommend it

AndersonsRestaurant, Owner at Anderson's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you for your review, Its very much appreciated. We try very hard to make everyones experience as good as we possible can. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Ate here one night while staying in nearby Grantown. What a treat! Delicious, local food, warm and friendly atmosphere. Excellent value, too.

Thank you for your review, Really pleased that you enjoyed your trip to our restaurant. I'm so lucky to have such a great team behind me who work long hard hours to make Anderson's what it is. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Excellent local food cooked to perfection. Only a small restaurant so I would advise booking I have never been disappointed. Their home made ice cream is superb

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have now eaten several times at this restaurant and have never had a bad meal. The staff are friendly and efficient and remember you from one visit to the next. The atmosphere is relaxed and pleasant and it is lovely to be able to see into the kitchen - a clear indication that there is nothing to hide! The starters and mains are tasty and filling though not enormous (except perhaps the fish which has floored a number of our friends) but it is worth while leaving some space for the delicious puddings. In addition, they make some of the nicest handmade ice-creams, some of which sound a little too exotic for me but the rhubarb and custard ice-cream is the best I've ever tasted. As a desert fan they are particularly helpful and will put aside a portion of my favourite desert so that I am not disappointed when it comes to ordering pudding. Unlike some other reviews we have never felt rushed and have enjoyed chatting over a glass of wine after the meal without any awkwardness - maybe we are thick skinned but the staff have always been charming and chatty. Even though it is usually busy they have always tried to squeeze us in despite short notice bookings. Can't rate it highly enough and look forward to our trips to Boat of Garten to enjoy our return visits.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Visited Andersons yesterday(26 July ) for a coffee with my wife and dog(the dog drank water!!)The male staff member was polite and friendly.We ordered a black coffee with milk aside and a macchiato for moi plus a plain scone and a fruit scone.The order came with butter and jam and coffees as requested.I believe the scones are £1.95 each.
The drinks were fine but the bill came to £9.43(or £9.45...but near enough)
So,the coffees were £5.55 ish!!
A bit steep considering that a meal of soup and a sandwich was £4.95
Being Scottish I support local business but I find the price too high

andersonsrestaurant, Owner at Anderson's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, Its much appreciated. I constantly check my prices to make sure that we are competitive. Belive it or not, we are actually one of the cheapest in the area for sit down coffee and scones. Sometimes what people fail to see is the costs (especially coffee in the past 2 year, its so expenive for what it is) are constantly going up. The sad fact of the matter is Andersons would not be here if I did not charge the prices that I do. To be honest, I should probably be charging more, I have a concious and dont want to rip people off. We are a small family business that has to make its money in the summer months to get through a long quiet winter. I do hope this goes someway to explain the situation. Small, local business need your support more than ever.