“absolutly amazing, better than ever!!!”

Anderson's Restaurant
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: WelcomeWhether you've something to celebrate, are at the end of a hard day's walking in the hills, or simply fancy a break from cooking at home, it is our wish at Anderson's that you all feel welcome. Forget pretence, the atmosphere here is relaxed and informal, so sit back, switch off, and savour the pleasure of great food and drink. Local Produce At Anderson's we are committed to using local Scottish produce when it is in season, so needless to say, our menu changes each month, along with our daily specials. Each dish is lovingly prepared and bought together in such a way as to bring out the very best of truly great, fresh ingredients. Although our menu is creative, our aim is simple, to present you with food that we are confident you will enjoy, and that tastes fantastic.Family Friendly The whole family is welcome at Anderson's, and it is important to us that everyone can tuck into something they will enjoy. So for children we can either offer half portions of anything on the menu, or for specific likes or dislikes, please feel comfortable to say, and the chef will be happy to come up with something to suit- within reason! Similarly please make us aware of any special dietary requirements you may have.“It’s great to see a restaurant like Andersons opening up in Boat of Garten. Owners Steve and Claire have put a huge amount of thought and effort into their set up, and their intended philosophy of utilizing the best of Scottish produce should be a real boost to the local restaurant scene. I wish them every success for the future.” Nick Nairn
Reviewed July 9, 2012

i had the pleasure of visiting this superb restaurant again ,i hadn't booked in advance and on my arrival they were very busy 1 of the waiters promptly greeted me and managed to get me a table, i was told there maybe a short wait due to the vast numbers of people already there however i didn't have to wait long, the service was brilliant nothing was any trouble and my questions regarding the menu were answered politely and informitively , the waiters both had great knowlege of the menu and its ingredients i had a starter from the speicals board an alpine dish of potato, onions, smoked bacon and an amazing french cheese which the name escapes me, and very nice it was too, then i had a pork shank with potatoes and summer veg the pork almost fell of the bone of its own accord the cider sauce was amazing and the portion size was more than satisfying , then i had the tangy lemon and blackcurrent with lavender shortbread and ice cream 1st time i have eaten anything with lavender in it and was very pleasently surprised light all be it arromatic but tasted very good indeed, overall the service was second to none the food was amazing coupled with generously sized portions and given the quality and style (al a'cart) very good value, i would recomend anyone to go there you will not be disappointed guarrenteed!!! thanks andersons for another amazing experience.

1  Thank theboathouse

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I'm amazed to see people complaining about the price here as when we visited we were all amazed at what a fantastic lunch we had for about £12 a head- and we all had dessert! Set menu was great and the soup of the day was frankly incredible. I loved their range of home made icecreams and sorbets available too.

I can't recommend this restaurant enough- the food was great, the bill was pleasantly low and the staff were really friendly. Visit if you get the chance.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were looking for a place to have lunch. We had stopped at a little cafe in Carrbridge, but after waiting for ages and the waitress not looking inclined to clear our table or serve us, we moved on to Boat of Garten. We saw Andersons Restaurant and went for a look-see. The lunch time menu was a little too heavy for what we wanted, but then we spotted the soup and sandwich board. Ok, the selection wasn't great, soup of the day was carrot, honey and rosemary and there were three sandwich selections. I had the ham and cheese and my good lady had tuna mayo (with a squeeze of lemon that really made it tick). The bread was delicious... We noticed the home made ice cream list. Looked interesting - black treacle; strawberry with balsamic vinegar chocolate and raspberry (I think); Jack Daniels and coke; blueberry sorbet and so the list went on. I had black treacle, thinking it might be strong, but they had done it nice and mellow.

I am sure from the look of the wider lunch menu that we would have enjoyed the bigger meals; maybe next time. Yes, we would go again.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Previously enjoyed the food here but feel the cost is now getting too high. Special nights such as "pie nights" and "theatre nights" give good value meals. However the nightly menu is pricey for what it delivers and on our last visit the specials board and the menu were very similar. Thus choice was very limited.
As we holiday regularly in this are we spoke to locals who agreed and recommended Cairn Hotel in Carrbridge. Great food, wide choice on the menu, freshly cooked and very muich cheaper. Worth a try if you are in area

Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Since Andersons opened its doors in 2007 rising costs such have forced us to put up our prices, this is common practice. We only serve top quality produce and local produce where ever possible. This comes at a cost. If I did not charge the prices I charge then we simply would cease to exist. Local trade is our bread and butter through the winter months and I'm very glad to say many locals dine with us through out the year. People sometimes just dont realise how much work and effort goes into creating our food. I do however take the comment on board and think I might in the future add a cheaper section to my menu to give more choice and to suit a cheaper budget.

Steve Anderson

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We ate in this restaurant and we were very impressed with all aspects. Service very good and friendly, lovely atmosphere and great food.