We are timeshare owners here and go every year staying in Stables East at Easter.
We had a lovely week and the cottage is fully equipped with everything you could possibly need.
The cottage is nice and cozy with comfortable beds and nice furnishings .
We used the pool a few times however as we visit peak Easter season the swimming pool situation is becoming an irritation. They limit the pool to 12 people at a time. However with 25-30 odd cottages each with people who may want to swim , the 12 limit in the pool is reached very quickly.
On this visit there were 2 large families who used the pool constantly for hours every day - this made it very hard for anyone else to get access to the pool. A far fairer way would be to apply a time limit (eg an hour) in busy times to ensure everyone gets a fair shot of the pool, especially the timeshare owners who pay hefty annual and increasing fees.
Overall we had a wonderful week at the beautiful melfort village - it has excellent scenery, lovely grounds and superb staff.
If they address the swimming pool issues either by abolishing their limit of 12, extending to make a much bigger pool or have a time limit, it could be absolutely perfect!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melfort Village, near Oban, nestled on the shores of Loch Melfort, amidst some of the most outstanding scenery on the west coast of Scotland, offers beautifully appointed self catering holiday cottages, furnished to the highest standards, set in fantastic grounds. Excellent facilities on-site include restaurant, indoor swimming pool, sauna, games rooms, tennis court, play ground, putting green, fishing. Ideally located for walking, cycling, island-hopping, bird-watching, fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Melfort Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melfort Village Hotel Kilmelford
- Melfort Village Kilmelford, Scotland