Ardtorna B&B
  • Bar/Lounge
$142
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewssconesmolton brown toiletriesarchery lessonon arrivalmalt whiskysweet pancakesnespresso machinelittle toucheswet roomjam and creamhandmade chocolatessoda breadkaren seanextra touchesbreakfast tableunderfloor heatingwarm welcome
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Ardtorna is set in a lovely part of Scotland with beautiful views over the bay. Purpose built Ardtorna is very comfortable finished with quality furnishings. Karen and Sean are such a lovely warm welcoming couple and truly make it stand out from other B&B's we have visited.

Room Tip: All great.
1  Thank geminicat-67
KarenOby, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay with us at Ardtorna.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, and that you found Sean and I friendly and welcoming. We are in a very fortunate position to be doing something that we enjoy and take greta pride in doing so.

I do hope you will manage another trip up our way in the not too distant future as there will be lots of exciting additions to Ardtorna in 2013 which we are both rather excited about ...

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was our second visit this year to Ardtorna. My wife and I got a nice warm welcome from Sean and Karen. We stayed in a different room this time with the jacuzzi bath which was great for relaxation.The beds are so comfortable it's hard not to stay indoors all day but I must admit you look forward to returning when you have been out all day. I think this is the only break we have ever been on where we have totally relaxed in this beautiful B&B helped by the views over the loch.If you read this review and you have not thought about having a break in the Oban area then do not hesitate to contact Sean or Karen direct, you will love it. Breakfast will keep you going all day and is the best freshly prepared food that I have experienced on any break I've had. I'm already looking forward to our next visit in the knowledge that another 5 star experience awaits.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
1  Thank meshcfc
KarenOby, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Angela,

Many thanks for posting a review on your second stay with us at Ardtorna. It was so lovely to welcome you both back again.

I am delighted that you were able to chill and relax during your two night stay.

I look forward to seeing you both back up at Ardtorna sometime during 2013.

We shall be sending our e - news letter out to all of our customers shortly with a fabulous offer for 2013 - so watch this space ...

Reviewed October 15, 2012

A birthday treat for my wife.....when I told her we were going to a B&B outside Oban, I was greeted with a half hearted smile and "it's not a hotel", without trying to sound ungrateful. The drive up to the Ardtorna brought a huge smile. The use of the superlatives "beautiful & gorgeous" were used quite a number of times tells the story, and that was before she had her warm scones. This place more than deserves it's plaudits. We had a very warm and friendly welcome from Sean & Karen, who in turn were more than helpful with recommendations for evening meals. We opted for The Creagan Inn at the head of the Loch, this was topped with a beautiful sunset as we dined.

We had the Finlaggan room, which was fabulous with everything you need and more for an overnight stay, and to top it for my wife was the "Molton Brown". The complimentary goods that came with the room and outside the room were all excellent, especially the Baileys and Whisky...

Breakfast time with Fiona was superb, with stunning views over the loch. The table set up was also very good for us, as 8 people at the table chatted amongst ourselves, sharing each others reasons and experiences of being there..

Finally we had a check out time of 10 o'clock, however at no time did we feel rushed to leave, as we didn't leave the breakfast table until 10, on leaving I had to check my wife's bag for "Goodies", if she could have she would have had the furniture as well, but fortunately I e-mailed Karen and she kindly told us were she sourced her furniture and crockery.

Don't miss an opportunity to stay, you will be back for sure...

John & Christina (stayed 8th October 2012).

Room Tip: All the rooms are fabulous..
1  Thank gal3899

John and Christina,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on your stay with us at Ardtorna.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed what we offer here. We have tried to do what we would like ourselves if we were to stay somewhere special.

Glad the warm scones served upon arrival went down well.

We are very lucky to be able to offer free transportation for our guests to and from The Creagan Inn at the head of the loch. This is a great little place for a meal, and has been extremely popular with our guests this year.

I too was pleased to read that you enjoyed all the complimentary items we have for our guests while staying with us, such as unlimited Malt Whisky and Baileys etc.

Our gourmet breakfast is a real treat , and I was pleased to read too that you enjoyed that. Fiona who has been with us since we opened the doors at Ardtorna is a real gem, and takes great pride in her work.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Ardtorna in the not too distant future ...

Reviewed October 14, 2012

All the excellent reviews for Ardtorna are thoroughly deserved. This purpose-built facility is without doubt the best Boutique B&B we have ever stayed in, and has the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in. It is sited in a piece of real rural Scotland (as opposed to a twee tourist location), with a sea-view of isles and mountains, fishing boats, deer and farm life. The facilities are exceptional - really exceptional. Five stars does not do it justice, as other 5* B&Bs we have stayed at do not come close. The Scottish Tourist Board really need to extend their rating up to 6 - 7 stars to facilitate a B&B of this standard.

Karen and Sean made us really welcome, recommended restaurants, and served us afternoon tea and scones on arrival. It is clinically clean, exceptionally comfortable, and for rural folk like us, it is perfectly peaceful. And the breakfast.... gorgeous!

The next time we come back (and we most definitely will) we will stay longer than one night. Karen, Sean, thank you.

Room Tip: Ardtorna doesn't have bad rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
KarenOby, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on your 1 night stay with us at Ardtorna, and what a review it was ! You were very kind to us indeed ...

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of our place from the warm scones served upon arrival to the deer that stroll across our front lawn.

It was a delight to meet you both, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back next time for 2 nights or more.

Make sure you book well in advance, as we are already fully booked for quite a bit of 2013.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

From the moment we drove up to Ardtorna we knew we were going to love it, the building is just exquisite. We got a friendly welcome from our hosts Karen and Sean along with homebaked sones with clotted cream and jam on arrival. The house itself is just stunning from the outside, only to be outdone by the interior decor. Our room was absolutely beautiful, complete with fresh flowers and fruit, water, tea and coffee (with an added espresso machine outside our room), a fridge with nibbles, beautiful toiletries, cosey bathrobes and the BEST gigantic towels in our wet room. For ladies, there are hairdryers supplied and great lighting for applying makeup.
Our hosts at Artorna were scond to none, Karen and Sean gave us great recommendations for eating out and were very helpful in booking the restaurants where we wanted to dine (if you get a chance, give the Isle of Eriska Hotel a try, short of being Michelin star this place is an absolute hidden gem, also, The Seafood Temple in Oban is a must for fish lovers).
The breakfast menu is extensive with everything you could wish for and more, i would recommend the Ardtorna Speciality, although everything else my husband and i tried were equally as nice, the breakfast room is beautiful from the table decoration to the stunning crockery. If you are very lucky, you may even get the delight of being joined for breakfast by a family of deer who live nearby.
Fiona, who served us breakfast on the first day is very welcoming and chatted away like an old friend, she is an absolute credit to the Ardtorna and Karen and Sean.
All in all, for a couple trying to get away from the hustle and bustle of family life, this is just what we were looking for and more, we feel VERY lucky to have stayed here and without a doubt, will be staying again in the near future, thank you to everyone at the Ardtorna for making it such a joy.
Elaine and Iain Glover, Dundee

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
KarenOby, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay at Ardtorna. May I say it was a pleasure to meet you both, and to be able to chat to you both during your stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed many aspects of our bed and breakfast, from the architecture to the warm scones served upon arrival...

Our gigantic towels are a real talking point - pleased that you liked them !

You chose two wonderful restaurants for dining in. The Isle of Eriska Hotel and The Seafood Seafood temple. We are very fortunate to have such culinary delights close to Ardtorna.