All reviewsfull englishbreakfast rooman overnight staybed was very comfortablesteakracesensuiteswansea
Reviewed November 15, 2010

We were let down by the late closure of another local hotel and only the Miramar offered the accomodation we needed in the area. It is a bit dingy for sure, but there was heating, hot water in the basin and shower, all my lights worked, and it is excellent value for money, both accomodation and food. As for breakfast issues, our experience was excellent : we asked for and got 7 instead of 7.30, cooked food was great, we were given take away bacon sandwiches when we had to leave in a rush, and special orders like porridge and fruit was obtained for following days, in short the satf could not have been more helpful. Evening meals were also good quality and value. The owner was not there much of the time, but we didn t have any problems. If we had I m not sure how they would have been resolved though. As for trouble in the street, Llanelli is a shadow of its former self in terms of nightlife, and the only thing that woke me was the occasional bleeping of the crossing alarm. Even the trains were hard to hear, probably the double glazing!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2009

Well where to begin…? Everything is broken or dirty, the people are nice, but then I’m sure the Chernobyl workers where – though they really shouldn’t have been running that place. Same here I’m afraid, the stairs are at an angle, the beds are bolted down, the shelves are hanging off and the bars have windows – no joke. The décor is straight from a 70’s mental home, the window was stuck open – bear in mind that this hotel is positioned right next door to a train station and level crossing and you can divide your usual resting hours here by two. It’s not a place to stay if you like hotels or have ever been in one. Maybe if you’re having a night out and just need someplace to stash your bags it might be worth a punt. Though I’ll wager the station has lockers…
Honestly – it’s a bad place, it needs the hotel inspector, Kim & Aggie and super nanny to sort this joint out. The staff where nice, however its ranked as one of the worst places I have stayed in. Avoid.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank mgoodwinz
Reviewed October 3, 2008

Bare wires, Broken beds, no heating, furniture falling apart and the breakfast was unbelieveable. It was the first breakfast I've ever left uneaten anywhere.

To be avoided like the plague !

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank Len123456
Reviewed August 19, 2008

If Rigsby from Rising Damp ran a hotel this would be it. The whole place can not have had a penny spent on it since about 1974. The room had a worn out old carpet and there were pockets of dirt about the room. It smelled strongly of perhaps, mothballs. No hot water from the sink. I Tried to telephone to ask about that but no one is there to answer the telephone until maybe after breafast time. I spotted someone elses breakfast remains on a table as I came into the restaurant area prior to it being cleared away by the single member of staff. The customer had wisely sliced open the sausage to see what was inside and sensibly decided to leave well alone. It looked a bright orange toxic colour.

I left out the meat and opted for mushrooms and hash brown and an egg. When it arrived they did not think to make the portion size up to a proper breakfast proportion, thinking perhaps I was a vegetarian, they simply placed a tiny hash brown and no less than three small mushrooms on the plate. There was a solitaryy egg too. It was a truly sad and mean little sight. I was hesitant about putting anything in my mouth that came from this establishment, but I reasoned that if i consumed no meat then that was the safest option

The room had an old brown wooden clock radio that told the wrong time. There were no bulbs in the lights above the bed in case i felt like reading. Outside in the street at night there were running battles of drunken hooligans some of whom were trying to batter down their intended victims frontdoor. No police were evident. LLanelli is a rough town and no mistake. I was glad to be gone.

There appears to have been no management at all on the premises, the rather nice and probably long suffering staff seem to be left to their own devises. The cook and the cleaner seemed freindly and inexperienced east europeans. No complaints about them, none of this was their doing.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
6  Thank ActonDude
Reviewed September 7, 2006

I stayed in this hotel with work as I travel extensively. The hotel in my opinion is extremely pricey for it's current state. The room that I stayed had not been decorated or updated for many years and was tatty. The carpet was so faded and covered in so many years of grime, that I didn't really want to walk on it. Breakfast is another no no, the english breakfast that they serve is horrible, as a consequence I only had it on day one of my 5 day stay. Save your money and go to somewhere nice, it is no wonder that this is the only place I could get a room in Llanelli for the week in question.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank jetset100